Draw for the next round of the cup - Rangers v St Johnstone

I know people like to say 'bring on the Celtic', and it is definitely the outstanding fixture in Scottish football, but while I relish playing them as an equal, I'm not overly keen to meet them while we are a long way short of that.

Just about everything that could go wrong for us has gone wrong in recent times, except one thing - being hammered by Celtic. We have been very fortunate to have missed them in the last two years, but a meeting now still has the potential to become a nightmare that could resonate for decades.

They'll want to win and win well, and while football isn't always as predictable as we like to think, with our goalkeeper and defence, I would not look forward to playing them right now.

I just hope that when the time comes, we are a lot stronger.

I know people like to say 'bring on the Celtic', and it is definitely the outstanding fixture in Scottish football, but while I relish playing them as an equal, I'm not overly keen to meet them while we are a long way short of that.

Just about everything that could go wrong for us has gone wrong in recent times, except one thing - being hammered by Celtic. We have been very fortunate to have missed them in the last two years, but a meeting now still has the potential to become a nightmare that could resonate for decades.

They'll want to win and win well, and while football isn't always as predictable as we like to think, with our goalkeeper and defence, I would not look forward to playing them right now.

I just hope that when the time comes, we are a lot stronger.

Celtic would hammer us right now,us Rangers fans don't want that but that is what would happen, we are so far away from competing with them right now it would have been a disaster if we had drawn them just now,maybe as the season progresses we might find our feet but right now?,no thanks!

I don't think we've anything to fear from St Johnstone or Celtic.

Sure, our defence isn't the most dependable at times but Cammy Bell should be back for the semi-final at the end of January should we make it through so I'd certainly be confident enough we'd give a good account of ourselves.

The pressure would be all on Celtic and so far this season they've hardly performed well in such circumstances.

They'd be incredibly motivated though Frankie... Hammering us would excuse a myriad of failings for manager and players... And board, so they'd strengthen in January. "Glamour loans"

I don't doubt it. I'd hope we were too though.

Celtic would be huge favourites no matter what but we shouldn't be afraid. After all, we will most likely have the same challenge next season (twice at least) so we're going to have to get used to the inevitability at some point.

I don't doubt it. I'd hope we were too though.

Celtic would be huge favourites no matter what but we shouldn't be afraid. After all, we will most likely have the same challenge next season (twice at least) so we're going to have to get used to the inevitability at some point.

I miss games against Celtic and they miss games against us. Nothing else in Scottish football comes close, but if you speak to people who witnessed the 7-1 game back in the fifties, they were marked for life by the experience - it was a humiliation too far.

When the clubs are closely matched, it is a contest like no other, but if there is a significant gap in quality between the two sides, the possibility of another rout becomes very real.

I would be happy to meet them again next season, and of course we may not be ready even then, but it is probably best that we avoid them this season. Celtic fans are gutted that we haven't met in the last two seasons. They were as disappointed as we were when we were eliminated from Cup competitions.

I miss games against Celtic and they miss games against us. Nothing else in Scottish football comes close, but if you speak to people who witnessed the 7-1 game back in the fifties, they were marked for life by the experience - it was a humiliation too far.

When the clubs are closely matched, it is a contest like no other, but if there is a significant gap in quality between the two sides, the possibility of another rout becomes very real.

I would be happy to meet them again next season, and of course we may not be ready even then, but it is probably best that we avoid them this season. Celtic fans are gutted that we haven't met in the last two seasons. They were as disappointed as we were when we were eliminated from Cup competitions.

I'd be more worried if Celtic were actually good. They're not.

FWIW, I was at Parkhead for the 2-6 game 14 years ago so I've experienced humiliation there as well. The result in the next Old Firm match: 5-1 to us. C'est la vie...!

I'd be more worried if Celtic were actually good. They're not.

FWIW, I was at Parkhead for the 2-6 game 14 years ago so I've experienced humiliation there as well. The result in the next Old Firm match: 5-1 to us. C'est la vie...!

talking of 5-1, the biggest regret I have as a Rangers fan is the 5-1 game of 1988.

5-1 up with half an hour to go, Celtic a total shambles and we decide to take the foot off the gas and play with them like a cat with a mouse when we should have been putting as many past them as possible. We could have got another two at least on that day.

Just my observation.

I hear the draw for this round took place 'live' on BBC Scotland RADIO???

That can be fixed very easily. If Police Scotland told the SFA/SPFL not to produce a midweek old firm match for safety reasons then both teams will be kept apart for that reason, I suspect that's why the draw was on radio and not tv, there was nothing to stop BBC tv from making the draw after the Hearts game last night other than how difficult it would be to 'fix-it'

If both teams get through and meet in the semis that will be more easy to police as they'll meet on a Saturday or Sunday most definitely with an early k.o.

Also as some have already said on here - there's no need to fear them, they aren't playing all that well and meeting them this season would not result in a hammering for us, the game would be close with maybe us just losing out aet.