Fair enough DB. Let me clarify - he had no influence at all.

I know exactly what you mean. The point is not about direct influences here, but behind the scenes stuff. As I said, no-one is neck-deep in paranoia, but some things were/are far too obvious or "strange" to be coincidental.

He means Manus Fullerton and he is 100% wrong. That individual did not run LBG's Scottish Business Division and would have had no legitimate influence in any decisions relating to Rangers / SDM. That is a fact.

If you get the opportunity then read some of the statements made by the then Rangers chairmanAJ.

If you get the opportunity then read some of the statements made by the then Rangers chairmanAJ.

I'm very familiar with AJ's frustrations regarding LBG. My point is a narrow one: there was no "Celtic Minded" conspiracy and Manus Fullerton wasn't involved with the Rangers FC relationship.

If you've read anything from AJ which contradicts that specific point, please do share it.

I'm very familiar with AJ's frustrations regarding LBG. My point is a narrow one: there was no "Celtic Minded" conspiracy and Manus Fullerton wasn't involved with the Rangers FC relationship.

If you've read anything from AJ which contradicts that specific point, please do share it.

I cannot quote directly anything AJ said about LBG during his time as Rangers chairman but he was quite scathing about them during the period of time up to Whyte's takeover.

Why were LBG so keen for Whyte to take over Rangers? Did they threaten to withdraw all credit to MIH if this deal was not agreed by SDM? If true not exactly the actions of a bank acting in the best interests of one of its business customers wouldnt you agree?

And Messrs Fullerton and Kane didnt exactly seem to hang around too long at LBG after Whyte arrived did they? Were they found out?

And of course Mr Fullerton did find himself some new employment did he not ? Doing some low level paper-gathering for SPL lawyers Harper McLeod in their attempts to strip Rangers of titles during the dual contracts fiasco. I'm sure his time at LBG must have been very useful indeed in that respect.

But never mind. You go on defending these people all you want

Rab, I'm not defending or criticising LBG, I'm saying that Manus Fullerton wasn't even involved, far less calling the shots; there was no anti Rangers cabal at work and no-one was "found-out".

If you seriously think a partly state owned FTSE 100 bank would consider crystallising a £750m debt with no hope of recovering anything like that amount from the assets, just so that a couple of senior employees could pursue their personal agendas with a Scottish football team, then you'll believe anything.

The reason we ended up in the position we're in was down to gross mismanagement of the company by Murray, Whyte and this new lot

Whilst I might not always agree with criticisms of SDM and the current board I can understand at times why individuals form these opinions.

Regards Whyte the only question I want answered is how the hell he got Rangers in the first place. Despite warnings from just everyone from the likes of AJ, Paul Murray, and Jeff Randall about Whyte's business history who on this earth thought it a good idea he should get Rangers? Spare me the SDM being duped stuff too. I don't believe for one minute he willingly sold to Whyte.

Rab, I'm not defending or criticising LBG, I'm saying that Manus Fullerton wasn't even involved, far less calling the shots; there was no anti Rangers cabal at work and no-one was "found-out".

If you seriously think a partly state owned FTSE 100 bank would consider crystallising a £750m debt with no hope of recovering anything like that amount from the assets, just so that a couple of senior employees could pursue their personal agendas with a Scottish football team, then you'll believe anything.

How can you be so sure he wasn't involved? Did he tell you himself?

I want to know if LBG forced SDM to sell to Whyte and for what reason.

Whilst I might not always agree with criticisms of SDM and the current board I can understand at times why individuals form these opinions.

Regards Whyte the only question I want answered is how the hell he got Rangers in the first place. Despite warnings from just everyone from the likes of AJ, Paul Murray, and Jeff Randall about Whyte's business history who on this earth thought it a good idea he should get Rangers? Spare me the SDM being duped stuff too. I don't believe for one minute he willingly sold to Whyte.

Our business model required us to bring in £10m extra a season that we didn't have. We've still not rectified this that's why the bank got a hold of us. Murray wanted rid of us that's why he sold to Whyte. LBG's only part in it was they saw a way to get their £20m back imo