Our business model required us to bring in £10m extra a season that we didn't have. We've still not rectified this that's why the bank got a hold of us. Murray wanted rid of us that's why he sold to Whyte. LBG's only part in it was they saw a way to get their £20m back imo

I know of a certain other club in the same city who have/had a similar business model but I don't/didn't see their bank doing likewise.How much are they in debt to the co-op bank via overdrafts and soft loans? Rangers debts were falling year on year with AJ as chairman. Costs were being reduced. Again, I ask did LBG force SDM to sell to Whyte and for what reason ? Are LBG seriously telling us they thought this a good piece of business given Whyte's business history which seemed to be well known about at the time of the sale?

And let's not forget the bigger picture here which was MIH's £750m debt. Why were the bank so focused on the much smaller Rangers debt of £18m ?

I know of a certain other club in the same city who have/had a similar business model but I don't/didn't see their bank doing likewise.How much are they in debt to the co-op bank via overdrafts and soft loans? Rangers debts were falling year on year with AJ as chairman. Costs were being reduced. Again, I ask did LBG force SDM to sell to Whyte and for what reason ? Are LBG seriously telling us they thought this a good piece of business given Whyte's business history which seemed to be well known about at the time of the sale?

And let's not forget the bigger picture here which was MIH's £750m debt. Why were the bank so focused on the much smaller Rangers debt of £18m ?

You keep missing out the obvious Rab, just follow the money.

Who stood to personally profit from the sale to Whyte?

The Rangers tie wearing Donald Muir who just a matter of days after our "sale" moved to liquidate his own extremely cash rich service company which had the nice little side effect of hiding the amount of his ill gotten gains.

You keep missing out the obvious Rab, just follow the money.

Who stood to personally profit from the sale to Whyte?

The Rangers tie wearing Donald Muir who just a matter of days after our "sale" moved to liquidate his own extremely cash rich service company which had the nice little side effect of hiding the amount of his ill gotten gains.

Just how much Muir was involved is another question which needs answered. And did he benefit financially from this sale?

Remember too though he was not an employee of LBG and may not ultimately have been responsible for the decision to sell to Whyte. It was however LBG who insisted he be on the Rangers board with the aim of debt reduction

Just how much Muir was involved is another question which needs answered. And did he benefit financially from this sale?

Remember too though he was not an employee of LBG and may not ultimately have been responsible for the decision to sell to Whyte. It was however LBG who insisted he be on the Rangers board with the aim of debt reduction

He was HBOS go to man when they required a firefighter they still use him yet.

He was heavily "incentivised" to get Rangers off their hands.

As a shareholder of both HBOS/LBG and RFC plc I'd like to see a full inquiry into the circumstances surrounding the sale.

Imagine for a second the "sale" to Whyte did not proceed and we just ambled along as we were, reducing the debt winning our share of trophies getting to the occasional CL group stages and having had 2 positive results in the Big Tax Case, how much then for the near 90% shareholding in RFC plc?

What occurred was the best possible outcome for Donald Muir but certainly not for the shareholders of RFC plc and HBOS/LBG.

He was HBOS go to man when they required a firefighter they still use him yet.

He was heavily "incentivised" to get Rangers off their hands.

As a shareholder of both HBOS/LBG and RFC plc I'd like to see a full inquiry into the circumstances surrounding the sale.

Imagine for a second the "sale" to Whyte did not proceed and we just ambled along as we were, reducing the debt winning our share of trophies getting to the occasional CL group stages and having had 2 positive results in the Big Tax Case, how much then for the near 90% shareholding in RFC plc?

What occurred was the best possible outcome for Donald Muir but certainly not for the shareholders of RFC plc and HBOS/LBG.

But why were LBG so keen to sell Rangers? Surely MIH were the bigger problem. Rangers debt was around 3 percent of the MIH.

If you ran a small and someone owed you £2k and another owed you £75k which one would you concentrate most on getting?

As I understand things the police investigation into the sale to Whyte is still ongoing?

But why were LBG so keen to sell Rangers? Surely MIH were the bigger problem. Rangers debt was around 3 percent of the MIH.

If you ran a small and someone owed you £2k and another owed you £75k which one would you concentrate most on getting?

As I understand things the police investigation into the sale to Whyte is still ongoing?

Rab, I agree with you regarding HBOS/LBG where we differ is the personnel involved.

Muir still sits on the board of The Premier Property Group which is the albatross round Murray Groups neck (or even HBOS/LBG's).

It would be interesting to get a list of people involved back then and where they were before and thereafter. (And what they do in their sparetime ... like being Scum FC ST holders or the like.) Just to get a clean and probably unbiased view of this matter, rather than speculating to no end.