BILEL MOHSNI can’t wait to be involved in the Rangers Charity Foundation’s first ever Nightwalk fundraiser next month.

The Tunisian international defender, along with Scotland under-21 cap Lewis Macleod, will be present at the event at Ibrox on Saturday, October 25.

Charity is something very close to Mohsni’s heart and since he has arrived in Glasgow he has become involved in a number of projects to assist people less fortunate than himself.

He recognises the impact high-profile footballers can make when it comes to generating much-needed income for good causes.

And the 27-year-old is looking forward to joining participants as they take part in a special Halloween walk around the stadium.

Mohsni said: “I think charity is very important and I am a football player so I can help. If I can be involved in any way I will be happy to do it.

“For me, it is important to help other people who need it. Sometimes we forget how lucky we are to have good health and have the lives we have.

“One of the things I like about being at Rangers is that the whole team is involved in the club’s Charity Foundation. That is a very good thing and it is fantastic to see.”

Fans of all ages are encouraged to sign up for the Nightwalk, with everyone encouraged to turn up in fancy dress to mark the fact Halloween is approaching.

There will be prizes for the best costumes as supporters take part in 3km (seven laps), 5km (12 laps) and 10km (25 laps) walks around the hallowed turf.

Registration for the event is open and a form can be DOWNLOADED HERE. Alternatively contact the Foundation on 0141 580 8775 or email rangerscharity@rangers.co.uk.

Fees cost just £10 per person if you’re ages nine or over and it’s £5 for children aged from four to eight.

All participants aged nine years and older are asked to raise a minimum of £50 in sponsorship.

Entrants between four and eight years of age are asked to try to raise a minimum of £20 in sponsorship.

Remember every participant who raises £100 or more in support of the Foundation’s work will become a True Blue Hero.

They will consequently be invited to a special reception with a first-team player to receive a True Blue Hero medal from the Foundation.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7737-doing-it-for-charity