How about club ran buses leaving from Ibrox. Have always hated the fact we all pay to travel to games and the club makes HeeHaw.

With a couple of bus company owners in Bruce's and Mcgils on board surely favourable prices for hire can be achieved if not given for free as part of club sponsorship. Access to the carpark and to the new bar an hour or two before leaving Ibrox will increase sales along with associated merchandise. Fling in a members doo at Ibrox each year as well. Pretty sure there will be a few St holders who would be able and willing to run the buses and account for members behaviour who would do so for nothing.

Obviously someone would need to do the numbers and see what demand would be like and try and get one of the bus companies on board.

Don't think it will make vast amounts of money but every little bit helps. Its main income for the club would be through the closer relationship with fans that it would produce and encourage. Opens many pr possibilities also, with players who are not playing or club staff traveling at select times through the year on buses that can be pre screened and selected.

Could be the first step towards a rangers village/pre_ game venue at Ibrox.

I think that's brilliant stuff, thanks very much; I'll definitely put that forward at the first meeting. Might be an issue about getting home again from Ibrox particularly if drink was taken but a very worthwhile idea.

Strikes me that should find favour with at least one Club Director.

Actually, I think that the Germans do stuff like that. Certainly I remember Hans whatshisname saying that the members not the Club at Hamburg controlled the away tickets and got 10% which financed some of their operations. Not sure Rangers would go for that though!

A

OK that's all very useful advice, so long as you are prepared to stand guard beside me. I'm not sure about dark car parks in the middle of winter but it's worth consideration:D

Seriously, I will certainly make myself available to attend any SC Meetings within reason. If you want to organise something in NI and guarantee safe passage, I'd be up for that. Or perhaps if you guys are doing an overnight here might be better.

A few folk who know me did approach me at Falkirk but I like your suggestion to introduce myslef to people sitting beside me, though there may be some hazards in that, I know it goes with the territory.

Any other suggestions on communciation would be welcome.

It will be a lot easier once the Board are identified on the Club site and the email addresses are published.

Book a hall x amount of times a year an away venue with an open invite to discuss issues. You'll find the Internet vitriol is not what happens in the real world. The more well known faces in the support would have been 'done in' years ago it real life reflected certain forums.

Speak to the upstanding bus tycoons. I'm sure they could sort you out with a hat like that nae bother! :seal:

Is that before or after I get my blazer and tie?

Actually I'm feeling a bit impecunious right now what with hols coming up as well, perhaps a wee part time job on the buses might be in order. That way Rangers don't have to pay for the uniform.

A

Book a hall x amount of times a year an away venue with an open invite to discuss issues. You'll find the Internet vitriol is not what happens in the real world. The more well known faces in the support would have been 'done in' years ago it real life reflected certain forums.

I'll put that forward, thanks again.

Do you think that fans would be prepared to go early enough to make that work?

I'll put that forward, thanks again.

Do you think that fans would be prepared to go early enough to make that work?

Your problem in getting a decent crowd is the fact a lot of supporters are sceptical of the fans board. Other than that I can't see why RSCs wouldn't want to try and benefit their clubs. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Well considering some of the stuff that's been posted about me on there and the identity of the site owner, that's just something I'm going to have to live with.

Personality clashes and past fall-outs should be able to be overcome, but if they can't, then I don't understand how you could have seen yourself as a suitable candidate for this at all if you're irreversibly banned and/or a persona non grata on the biggest Rangers forum.