Can i ask you a question on this point? Would you turn a blind eye to offensive behaviour, yes or no? and if yes where are your "lines" drawn?

Yes, I would turn a blind eye to what I generally perceive as offensive behaviour because it's practically an everyday occurrence in life. I'd rather deal with situations personally if possible and it would take a VERY extreme situation for me to even consider involving the police.

As for where I would draw a line (or lines)? It's hard to say because I've never had cause to personally report anyone to the police.

"They" being Rangers fans presumably?

I personally do not find the so called "famine song" offensive.

After the sour grapes of the referendum I was near singing why don't you go home to two yessers who immigrated from Canada about 20 years ago. Wish I had just to see their reaction.

This not about Rangers supporters travelling to away grounds, but rather a plea to Alan from this Rangers supporter about celtic supporters visiting Ibrox.

Alan Would it be possible for you and your fellow fans board members, to impress on the Rangers board to sort out the ticket allocation numbers given to celtic fc, allowing their fans to takeover and commandeer the whole of the Broomloan stand when there is a derby match between our two clubs.

I understand the allocation of tickets between them and us, is a mutually agreed amount, roughly equal in numbers? However when our support are visiting Parkhead they are put away out of sight in the cheap seats and rarely seen by the cameras, unless we score, which to be fair is a lot., but that is not my point.

Compare and contrast their exposure when the camera's from Sky and probably BT Sport now, broadcast from Ibrox? The celtic support are given a greater prominence, being right behind the goal and with a full Broomloan. We as a club and support must redress the imbalance of this exposure and reclaim the Broomloan when those people come calling.

I know this subject has been discussed on other forums and i think on here? Supporters have written to the club about this imbalance without any agreement, but with the new Fans board and another season before we are hopefully back in the top division. Now would be a ideal opportunity to tackle this question with the full board.

My ideal solution would to be to drastically reduce their numbers for league games and put them in the Govan corner where visiting fans are already put. For cup games where tickets numbers are strictly set and by the SPFL and SFA, then some other alternative spot in Ibrox could be arranged, like the Albion Car Park with large screens beam-back facility.

Thank you.

I think this does qualify as an "away fans" question or issue since it involves us at Parkhead as much as Celtic fans at Ibrox.

This is exactly the kind of solid issue that should exercise the minds of the RFB and the Board of RFC.

I think there are a lot of considerations here, not the least of which is financial.

As things stand at present, Rangers are more or less guaranteed to sell out or near sell out an old firm league game; certainly I would expect that next time around. That said I do recall them having to offer double tickets for the last cup tie at Ibrox.

If Celtic were restricted to a couple of thousand tickets in the SE corner, would Rangers fans fill the rest of the ground?

Not sure the Police would be in favour of Celtic fans in the Albion Car Park :facepalm:

I believe the Broomloan holds 7,500 which I think is a few more than we get for Parkhead; so I think it might be more a case of Celtic having to give us an equal or more or less equal number of tickets but I will find out. It may well be that this starts off with the premise that it is easier to control the Celtic fans at Ibrox if you put them all in the Broomloan, then everything else flows from that.

Would you be prepared to accept that the consequence of your suggestion might be us only getting 2,500 tickets for Parkhead half of which would go to corporate and sponsors?

Another issue is that Celtic Park is quite different from Ibrox since it is totally in the round and doesn't have much in the way of defined areas for segregation.

If you've ever had the misfortune to sit a few columns away from screaming hordes of mindless individuals with only a slim young lassie in a stewards outfit to protect you, you'll know what I mean.

But given that there aren't defined areas, I don't see why we couldn't all be centred behind the goals rather than stuck in the corner as you say. However, the problem there might be Celtic fans on both sides of us.

Another solution might be, no away fans at all; but then you lose the atmosphere and I doubt we'd sell 50,000 tickets.

One thing I do think would be fairly easy to address is the constant ratcheting up of prices, which began if I recall when Celtic fans destroyed some seating at Ibrox. From memory it was more than £40 last time at Parkhead. My guess it might be £45-£50 if we get there next season. This would take goodwill on both sides; is it there, I don't know.

Thanks again for a great point. I'm sure that this one could be a thread on its own.

I'll definitely raise it.

And can I just add that this is exactly the kind of thing that we should be debating IMHO.

It would be very helpful to get a range of views on this subject.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
I think this does qualify as an "away fans" question or issue since it involves us at Parkhead as much as Celtic fans at Ibr

If that offer was repeated now that you're a rep for away fans on this new fans board, would you accept the offer this time?

First of all, that's hypothetical question and secondly there are particular reasons why I am unable to answer that question at this time.

Nor can I discuss it further.

Sorry.

First of all, that's hypothetical question and secondly there are particular reasons why I am unable to answer that question at this time.

Nor can I discuss it further.

Sorry.

Yes, it was intended as a hypothetical question, but it's not necessarily important, it just seemed like the obvious question to ask since you're now representing away fans on the new fans board.

Yes, I would turn a blind eye to what I generally perceive as offensive behaviour because it's practically an everyday occurrence in life. I'd rather deal with situations personally if possible and it would take a VERY extreme situation for me to even consider involving the police.

As for where I would draw a line (or lines)? It's hard to say because I've never had cause to personally report anyone to the police.

Thanks for the reply. Agree its not easy. I got caught up in something last year (not involving rangers) and had to choose between protecting a racist arsehole or speaking out.

Thanks for the reply. Agree its not easy. I got caught up in something last year (not involving rangers) and had to choose between protecting a racist arsehole or speaking out.

Am I the only nosey bastard wanting to know the particulars?