Posted Today, 07:02 PM

SEPTEMBER 26, 2014 / BILLMCMURDO

The boardroom saga rumbles on at Ibrox with the news that Rangers CEO Graham Wallace has had talks with representatives of Dave King.

My understanding is that these representatives were Paul Murray and George Letham. No big surprises there but this is where we enter into the Twilight Zone once more.

When contacted by a prominent daily newspaper, I am told that Dave King denied that these men were his representatives.

Which begs two questions:

1) Why are these men purporting to represent Dave King?

2) Or is Dave King being economical with the truth? We could also ask why he is, if he is.,

Given that Rangers fans want transparency and that this requirement for transparency is often spoken of by Messrs Murray and King, surely it would be very much in the interests of both these men to clear matters up for the fans.

In a nutshell, is Paul Murray representing Dave King in talks with Graham Wallace?

This opens up a whole raft of other questions.

Why is Graham Wallace speaking to Paul Murray? Is he doing so with the backing of fellow board members or has he “gone rogue” and if this is the case, what can be done to stop him?

It is no secret that there is a rift in the boardroom and this is not something Rangers fans want to be reading about, especially in anti-Rangers outlets.

I personally am fed up of all the cloak and dagger, which is playground stuff. We need men leading us, not boys. Yes, confidentiality is often necessary in business dealings but you canÂ’t call for transparency to score points while being furtive and even deceitful. If Paul Murray is representing Dave King, fans should be told and not lied to.

The whole matter hinges around Dave King’s now legendary £30 million to invest. Is the £30 million for real or a mythical figure that keeps Dave King in the limelight while deceiving the Rangers support?

Even if KingsÂ’ 30 mil is real and in place for investment, other questions need answering.

These include a very important one i.e. Is that it? Is the 30 million all there is or is there more to follow? Not as a possible but something far more concrete? I mean, are there other investors lined up or does King himself have more in reserve?

Just as vital is the question: What role does King want for his investment and can he get it? There are huge question marks over KingÂ’s suitability as a director of RIFC PLC both from the stock market perspective and from that of the SFA and SPFL. King needs to answer those for his own sake and others.

Should King fail to get a directorship, is he happy to take a back seat and does this also mean there is a very real prospect that he will fall foul of AIM regulations concerning “shadow directors” who hold no office but exercise inappropriate clout?

Can KingÂ’s ego handle being just a good guy investor with no hands-on power?

I see the papers are waging a campaign against Sandy Easdale attempting to pressure him not to block this mooted Dave King investment. Easdale may be crazy to try and block this investment if it saves the club but he would be crazier still to rely on it given how precarious it appears to be.

The fact that he is active in seeking alternatives is indicative, not of a churlish anti-King prejudice but of commendable business prudence and responsibility.

As I wrote previously, Rangers require a custodian. Both Dave King and Sandy Easdale may have a lot to do to convince fans they can fill that role.

Being more honest with the Rangers fans would be a good start.

http://billmcmurdo.w....the-kings-men/

Perhaps his efforts were better directed towards Easdale and Rizvi.

He's a bigger loon than Leggat.

No a loon you would dismiss as someone with half baked or eccentric ideas espoused to the world with no particular agenda other than sharing his revelations.

Bill is neither of those.

The majority of Rangers bloggers I know have the best interests of the club at heart, and espouse their own opinions or thoughts for the benefit of the club/support.

Bill is neither of those either.

The boardroom saga rumbles on at Ibrox with the news that Rangers CEO Graham Wallace has had talks with representatives of Dave King.

My understanding is that these representatives were Paul Murray and George Letham. No big surprises there but this is where we enter into the Twilight Zone once more.

When contacted by a prominent daily newspaper, I am told that Dave King denied that these men were his representatives.

I'd be absolutely astounded if Paul Murray or George Letham claimed they were actually representatives of Dave King.

Slightly off at a tangent but I've been battling away on facebook. A Rangers group with a load of followers all seem to be pro the board. I think I've finally shut them up.

This particular mindset is not just related to a particular forum, a lot of our supporters are really just clueless.

Fan ownership really just isn't viable, though I still put my money into RangersFirst because I don't want to do nothing.

I'd be absolutely astounded if Paul Murray or George Letham claimed they were actually representatives of Dave King.

I would be surprised also - based on the limited information that I have.

It does seem like the use of PM to 'poision the well' as is commonplace in some areas of the support online.

All this propaganda does our club no favours.