gets me out of my first match preview - for now.... Cowden game postponed

According to the club website, Rangers have three players on international duty, hence the call-off. They are Moshni(sic), Zaliukas and Gasparotto.

As only one of those players was eligible to play in the Cowdenbeath match, what is the reason for the postponement?

If my short term memory is still working wasn't the match postponed before any call ups had been announced?

At that point Gasparotto was on loan and Zaliukas wasn't in the team.

Now Mohsni is suspended Zaliukas might be closer to the team but we also have McGregor to play along side our no.1 choice and Foster for RB; so what's the issue for a game at Cowdenbeath who are propping up the League?

Might be one for the "away fans" rep on that new fangled Fans Board :facepalm:

If my short term memory is still working wasn't the match postponed before any call ups had been announced?

At that point Gasparotto was on loan and Zaliukas wasn't in the team.

Now Mohsni is suspended Zaliukas might be closer to the team but we also have McGregor to play along side our no.1 choice and Foster for RB; so what's the issue for a game at Cowdenbeath who are propping up the League?

Might be one for the "away fans" rep on that new fangled Fans Board :facepalm:

Indeed it was, which is another point which needs clarified, but even at that time it would only have included two of them as Gasparotto was out on loan.

Get on the case! :D

Indeed it was, which is another point which needs clarified, but even at that time it would only have included two of them as Gasparotto was out on loan.

Get on the case! :D

Found the reference:

Monday, 29 September 2014 15:30

A number of Light Blues players are in line to represent their respective countries in various matches around the world.

It has been deemed enough individuals are expected to be selected for a postponement to be requested and that has been granted by the SPFL.

Squads will be named over the next week or so and the identities of those being chosen to join up with their national sides will become clear in due course.

I think the agenda for the first meeting on Monday night is going to be as long as Edmiston Drive (says he struggling for a metaphor) but I will raise it if I can because games getting moved for TV is one thing but games getting moved for no good reason at all is quite another.

On the timing Rangers probably knew about the selections before the announcement (and would say they are giving as much notice as possible), since International managers would phone up the club manager to check on form and fitness etc; but regardless, the timing isn't the main issue here.

I am quite clear that this is a legitimate issue, so if I don't get the chance to raise it at the meeting I will find another way.

In addition I see no reason why the RFB shouldn't ask for the Team manager to appear at a meeting because surely the performance of the team contributes to the "match day experience" which is one of the objects of the RFB:

To provide the Members with a voice and communication channel directly to the Club in respect of the direction of the Club including, but not limited to:

(i) the matchday experience;

Found the reference:

Monday, 29 September 2014 15:30

A number of Light Blues players are in line to represent their respective countries in various matches around the world.

It has been deemed enough individuals are expected to be selected for a postponement to be requested and that has been granted by the SPFL.

Squads will be named over the next week or so and the identities of those being chosen to join up with their national sides will become clear in due course.

I think the agenda for the first meeting on Monday night is going to be as long as Edmiston Drive (says he struggling for a metaphor) but I will raise it if I can because games getting moved for TV is one thing but games getting moved for no good reason at all is quite another.

On the timing Rangers probably knew about the selections before the announcement (and would say they are giving as much notice as possible), since International managers would phone up the club manager to check on form and fitness etc; but regardless, the timing isn't the main issue here.

I am quite clear that this is a legitimate issue, so if I don't get the chance to raise it at the meeting I will find another way.

In addition I see no reason why the RFB shouldn't ask for the Team manager to appear at a meeting because surely the performance of the team contributes to the "match day experience" which is one of the objects of the RFB:

To provide the Members with a voice and communication channel directly to the Club in respect of the direction of the Club including, but not limited to:

(i) the matchday experience;

You're all going to be busy, so if anybody attempts to bring up pressing subjects like the price of a pie, give them a good boot in the haw maws! :D

You're all going to be busy, so if anybody attempts to bring up pressing subjects like the price of a pie, give them a good boot in the haw maws! :D

The price of a pie & Bovril is an important part of the match day experience as well but so is the quality of all aspects of the fare on offer.

Perhaps if the meeting goes on long enough they might treat us to a meal deal but we'll need to be careful not to spill any on our new blazers. :lol:

The price of a pie & Bovril is an important part of the match day experience as well but so is the quality of all aspects of the fare on offer.

Perhaps if the meeting goes on long enough they might treat us to a meal deal but we'll need to be careful not to spill any on our new blazers. :lol:

Incoming!