I concur, however it begs the question why choose this particular ill thought out venture?

I really don't know. Ideas which are unlikely to have an effect are actually counter-productive. Card protests raise awareness initially and then become pointless. Marches and gatherings make people feel good for a while but they tend not to achieve very much. This latest idea is indeed ill thought-out.

I really don't know. Ideas which are unlikely to have an effect are actually counter-productive. Card protests raise awareness initially and then become pointless. Marches and gatherings make people feel good for a while but they tend not to achieve very much. This latest idea is indeed ill thought-out.

Hildy or anyone else for that matter...

On the subject of ill thought out strategy - do you think the UOF made a strategic error aligning so closely with King ?

On the subject of ill thought out strategy - do you think the UOF made a strategic error aligning so closely with King ?

I imagine they thought that it would be an advantage to have a relationship with someone who has the clout, not only to change things, but to speed up the process.

There has to be a good reason not to co-operate with people who are perceived to be powerful allies. I was never impressed by the King/Gough scheme but that doesn't mean that those who became involved in it should be condemned.

I imagine time will tell or not whether that's the case.

Edited by forlanssister

I imagine they thought that it would be an advantage to have a relationship with someone who has the clout, not only to change things, but to speed up the process.

There has to be a good reason not to co-operate with people who are perceived to be powerful allies. I was never impressed by the King/Gough scheme but that doesn't mean that those who became involved in it should be condemned.

I imagine tell will tell or not whether that's the case.

Im coming at this from the angle of carrying along a united support in the effort to achieve greater transparency and probity at our club - rather than factional pro board/pro King elements.

Im wondering if King, and his own personal baggage was detrimental to a campaign which sought to establish greater transparency/integrity/probity at the club.

Im coming at this from the angle of carrying along a united support in the effort to achieve greater transparency and probity at our club - rather than factional pro board/pro King elements.

Im wondering if King' date=' and his own personal baggage was detrimental to a campaign which sought to establish greater transparency/integrity/probity at the club.[/quote']

It could be argued that groups and individuals have not been as industrious as they might have been simply because of King's lurking presence. There is an expectation within the support that a rich man will always be there to step in and look after the club, and while it's not healthy - indeed it may even be detrimental to us - it is there.

How often have you read that 'wealthy Rangers fans have let us down'? I find this attitude rather strange but it exists and it gives an insight into the way some of us think. If we can get a King or a McColl to help us, that's fine, but it's no-one's duty to dig deep and splash cash. I think the Rangers support really needs to grasp this.

No, I don't think so.

It would be a convenient excuse to blame the Union of Fans' alignment with Dave King for any strategic errors or deficiencies in their overall campaign because even if they hadn't aligned with him or had involvement with him at all, it's 100% guaranteed that other alignments would be getting highlighted.

In other words, if detractors of the UoF didn't have the King alignment to call on, I think many of them would fall back on the anti-RST, anti-FF, anti-Dingwall, anti-Chris Graham (etc etc etc) stances and in fact I see and hear people combining all of these things anyway.

Edited by Zappa
typo

It gives me no pleasure to say this but I think they have made a monumental error in their association with a man of whom so little is actually known about his actual wealth. There are of course still questions about whether he'd be able to sit on the Rangers board due to AIM regs never mind the SFA as a result of his previous SA tax affairs.

However would be delighted to be proved wrong.......

No, I don't think so.

It would be a convenient excuse to blame the Union of Fans' alignment with Dave King for any strategic errors or deficiencies in their overall campaign because even if they hadn't aligned with him or had involvement with him at all, it's 100% guaranteed that other alignments would be getting highlighted.

In other words, if detractors of the UoF didn't have the King alignment to call on, I think many of them would fall back on the anti-RST, anti-FF, anti-Dingwall, anti-Chris Graham (etc etc etc) stances and in fact I see and hear people combining all of these things anyway.

Nonsense. If irrefutable video evidence emerged of Dave King handing UOF leaders a suitcase full of cash, you would blame Bill McMurdo for blogging about it.

The reason people mention the UOF's "alignment" with would-be new owners is because the respective parties are fully and intrexicably aligned.