The documentary poof that fan group leaders, instead of acting in the interests of their members, were in fact acting as cheerleaders for an ex-director who fancied another shot at running the club.

The identity of the Tweeter who revealed the story is surely of secondary relevance to the story itself, no?

I care little for who revealed the information - no idea who it is and not really fussed about their intentions - even if some of their behaviour is bizarre at best.

Generally though, I'd be more surprised and disappointed if the fan groups weren't meeting with possible buyers. I believe however such meetings should be documented for all their members to discuss so that's why I think criticism of such is warranted from time to time.

There have been a few groups whose actions in that way seem less that transparent. That's why fans are becoming more and more disillusioned with the status quo.

We associate McMurdo with Fantasy land and for good reason but looking at it coldly, he does what he does for cold and calculated reasons/benefits.

Just as those in ongoing executive control of the Omnishambles, do so, producing 'calamity' for their own benefit.

Oh he's not daft - that's for sure. I'm just surprised people don't see his contribution for what it is.

So let me get this straight. Rangers fans working together with more influential Rangers fans are not allowed to email one another?

*inserts laughing smiley*

I'm in the email chain. I couldn't give a flying fuck if people have a problem with that. It's considered a normal method of communication.

Haha. Owned!

I'm not saying anyone should sit on their arse and do nothing.

What I am saying is that a lack of clarity from both the incumbents and apparent alternatives will just add to the apathy. Not to mention division.

With that in mind, I think criticism of SoS, the UoF and Dave King is completely valid.

No-one is above criticism.

There would appear to be no easy route or path to a 'better place' and perhaps "clarity" is impossible to impart.

This certainly complicates matters and leaves people second guessing but it would appear as that is where we are.........We reached this place partly down to a support in collective slumber.

I think for example that the SoS are a fledgling group who saw the neccessity of going down a different route. More in your face public protests and they have done an amazing job in such a short space of time. However, perhaps we should forget the name of the group or individuals involved and look towards what their over-riding mission is and the fact that we need to change our ways and be prepared to get out and do something.

Regards a boycott of SD.

It's easy to dismiss, why not simply join it............as I said in an earlier post, we could attempt to extend it.

The identity of the Tweeter who revealed the story is surely of secondary relevance to the story itself, no?

You'll be keeping you pal's identity a secret then? Had that been someone not associated to you the demands for names would be overwhelming.

No-one is above criticism.

There would appear to be no easy route or path to a 'better place' and perhaps "clarity" is impossible to impart.

This certainly complicates matters and leaves people second guessing but it would appear as that is where we are.........We reached this place partly down to a support in collective slumber.

I think for example that the SoS are a fledgling group who saw the neccessity of going down a different route. More in your face public protests and they have done an amazing job in such a short space of time. However, perhaps we should forget the name of the group or individuals involved and look towards what their over-riding mission is and the fact that we need to change our ways and be prepared to get out and do something.

Regards a boycott of SD.

It's easy to dismiss, why not simply join it............as I said in an earlier post, we could attempt to extend it.

I think SoS deserve a lot of credit for their efforts but I'm sure they will acknowledge the aggressive nature will be divisive. In that sense, I think they could have an earlier stage been a bit cleverer in their strategy but I do recognise their hard work and the selfless nature of it.

It's difficult to advocate a boycott of SD when we don't know the facts behind much of Ashley's involvement. Of course the stuff outsourced to him is of concern - as is the stadium renaming farce but Ashley isn't someone who backtracks easily. I'd agree that working with Newcastle fans may be a method of addressing everything in once cohesive group so that's the avenue SoS and the UoF should be going down as a priority.

I don't think we need to know anyone's identity. People join this forum privately and unless folk are happy to reveal themselves it's not fair to request it.

:)

My post was tongue in cheek. Apologies if it didn't come across as such.

I think SoS deserve a lot of credit for their efforts but I'm sure they will acknowledge the aggressive nature will be divisive. In that sense, I think they could have an earlier stage been a bit cleverer in their strategy but I do recognise their hard work and the selfless nature of it.

It's difficult to advocate a boycott of SD when we don't know the facts behind much of Ashley's involvement. Of course the stuff outsourced to him is of concern - as is the stadium renaming farce but Ashley isn't someone who backtracks easily. I'd agree that working with Newcastle fans may be a method of addressing everything in once cohesive group so that's the avenue SoS and the UoF should be going down as a priority.

Personaly, I think we know enough of Ashelys involvement, who it was through and his customary MO.

Maybe people would return to the topic ... or if it's run its course, this thread can be closed just as well.

Re the topic ... more bravado from the SoS. Some will like it, others may smile upon it. I doubt that those it is aimed at will lose any sleep whatsoever. If Ashley is the hardcore-capitalist people see in him, he could just as easily close the shops down and save himself some wages. Or sell ManU, Chelsea and other merchandise instead.