A manager falls with his tactics, team selections and most importantly, results. So far McCoist delivered the results that mattered, i.e. promotion. If he fails here ... or it will look like he does, the board will react. We have lost to Hearts and Hibs before, Ivan Sproule and Allan Johnston will still ring some bells. At the end of the day, the title is what mattered though. It is still all that matters. Either McCoist starts changing his tactics and selections (and/or gets results), or that will be that.

On a sidenote, is anyone going ballistic in medialand abou the Yahoos lingering in 4th place at the end of September, 5 points behind the Arabs? They sure have a game in hand, but it is not a given that they get three points there.

Bangs head off wall.

i dont care what the septic say, why the hell should i care? this article reads like its been cut copied and pasted from a rangers website. At least someone has finally started to question mccoists ability.

Let the media flood gates open!

i dont care what the septic say, why the hell should i care? this article reads like its been cut copied and pasted from a rangers website. At least someone has finally started to question mccoists ability.

Let the media flood gates open!

Your wish is the Sun's command:

IF there’s one thing Ally McCoist is good at it’s self preservation.

His skills at football management don’t come anywhere close. That’s not meant to sound like a personal attack on the Rangers boss.

Let’s be clear; he’s an affable guy and someone who most people find easy to get on with.

But that’s McCoist the man.

I’m talking about McCoist the manager and quite frankly he’s not good enough. His skills in that area are sadly lacking.

Monday night’s 3-1 defeat to Hibs ‘— and McCoist’s blaming of Bilel Moshni which was a blatant attempt to look after No 1 and deflect all responsibility ‘— will probably reaffirm what Gers fans already know, that it’s simply not good enough.

But Rangers cannot afford to sack him given the size and weight of his lucrative contract. And it’s not like McCoist is going to walk away.

In all honesty I can understand why he’s holding on to his job for dear life.

He’s on big money and maybe he still has faith in himself that he can turn it around.

If you asked me if others could do a better job at Rangers then I think the answer is Yes.

It’s time Rangers had someone else in charge, but the bottom line is it’s unlikely to happen any time soon.

Rangers are stuck with McCoist and as far as I can see, he’s going nowhere.

So all supporters can do is ask is WHY are their team is toiling so dreadfully.

For me it’s simple, the players just aren’t being trained.

If you watch them play ‘— there is no style or structure the players are adhering to.

They have some men with real potential to be top players.

The likes of Dean Shiels, Lee Wallace and David Templeton to name but three.

But since signing for Gers they have gone backwards.

That’s not because of the league they have been playing in. It’s down to the fact they have not been coached.

It seems no one at Rangers is working to make them better.

It’s been the classic Fat Cat mentality where people are happy to take good money for an easy life.

That may have been good enough to get through the lower leagues, but it won’t be to get out of the Championship.

McCoist’s side have no creativity or drive.

They arguably have the best finisher in the country in Kris Boyd, but how many chances has he had to score?

I look at midfielders like Nicky Law and Ian Black and they are wasted shirts. When I played, my job as a midfielder was to try and make a killer pass to split defences.

Black spends his days swanning around Ibrox like he owns the joint, playing sideways passes like his life depends on it.

It’s nowhere near good enough. There’s others who are playing out of position.

Darren McGregor is a centre half — and not a ball-playing one at that — but he’s been shunted to right-back.

On the left of midfield it’s Stevie Smith, a left-back.

Throw in the likes of Mohsni and Arnold Peralta, two bog standard players if ever I saw them, and it’s a total shambles.

That’s been down to the signing policy McCoist went with.

He should have been bringing in youngsters like Andy Robertson ‘— who he failed to spot the potential of, even when Gers played Queen’s Park four times in a season.

But it maybe comes back to the fact he knew he wouldn’t be making him any better.

So instead he signed players with so-called experience.

For me it’s not going to end well, but if McCoist isn’t going to quit or be sacked, then maybe he should at least try and change things behind the scenes at Ibrox.

He’s got to realise his strengths and weaknesses and if that means conceding he’s no good on the training ground them bring someone in who is.

But then again that may not be something he wants to do when his two pals, Ian Durrant and No 2 Kenny McDowall, are already doing that job.

Sent by a pal , no link sorry, as you need to pay a subscription charge. It is so poorly written it may be a spoof by a five year old in the ""special adventurer" class for "non academic explorers" , then again it is supposed to be from the Sun

Original source from http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ ?

I can't wait until he and his pals are gone. It is going to be a very very good day for the club.

That is an excellent article from Stewart btw.

He should have been gone long ago. It's been blatantly obvious for some time he isnt manager material.

However it looks like he's got the brassneck to stick it out as he knows the incumbent board are reluctant to fire him.

When we fail to get promoted chickens will come home to roost as they say

Throw in the likes of Mohsni and Arnold Peralta, two bog standard players if ever I saw them, and it’s a total shambles.

One is a Tunesia international, the other one a Honduran international. Given that Honduras was at the World Cup (partly because of Peralta) and did not perform that badly, you do wonder what sort of "bog or swamp" the rest of Scottish football actually plays in. All about perspective here ... and in Peralta's case, whoever wrote that stuff has a rather strange one indeed.

I don't know any bear who thinks Ally is the answer any more.

However, he's just one component of a football operation at a club that is failing on a day-to-day basis.

Worst thing is we have no solutions.

I don't know any bear who thinks Ally is the answer any more.

However, he's just one component of a football operation at a club that is failing on a day-to-day basis.

Worst thing is we have no solutions.

Yep. The only thing another manager could do is play people in the correct positions and give everyone a kick up the backside which some seem to lack.

Yep. The only thing another manager could do is play people in the correct positions and give everyone a kick up the backside which some seem to lack.

The current manager clearly doesn't have the respect of the players.

Time after time the likes of Mohsni says he'll learn from his mistakes. He doesn't while the manager continues to play him ahead of the clearly superfluous signings he made in the summer.

One does wonder how those involved will approach Mohsni's latest breach of discipline. Quite frankly it's a disgrace. I like the lad and think he's underrated at times but his contempt for the club has made his playing position untenable.

A good manager would ensure he doesn't play again - it's not as if he's a key component of the team.