I don't know any bear who thinks Ally is the answer any more.

However, he's just one component of a football operation at a club that is failing on a day-to-day basis.

Worst thing is we have no solutions.

There are solutions mate just no one with the power or money to make them happen.

There are solutions mate just no one with the power or money to make them happen.

That's my point. No money and no will means no solutions.

Currently we're slowly strangling ourselves.

That's my point. No money and no will means no solutions.

Currently we're slowly strangling ourselves.

There is a part-solution.

As previously stated in another thread, put him on the year's notice that his rolling contract requires - now.

This way, when he does leave, it'll be less costly when the day comes.

As previously stated in another thread, put him on the year's notice that his rolling contract requires - now.

Also increases the chance he could walk as it would be a hell of a sleight on his ego...

Between The Sun and the Hearld, they have literally slaughtered McCoist and the suddenness of their change in tact will hit home with McCoist himself as the moment the 'Birthday Suit' was no longer visible.

He now knows how precarious his current situation is regards credibility but perhaps also that the club can't afford to sack him or possibily even pay for a replacement whilst he tends to his garden.

It'll be interesting to see his next press conference where he might prefer to talk about club politics and finances.

Only at the Omnishambles that is Rangers.

Or just ask him to act like the Rangers man he says he is and ask him to walk away for nothing and take his pals with him.

Or just ask him to act like the Rangers man he says he is and ask him to walk away for nothing and take his pals with him.

The proposal could be put to him but I doubt if it would get anywhere.

I've yet to see one good reason why he shouldn't be put on a year's notice with immediate effect.

The proposal could be put to him but I doubt if it would get anywhere.

I've yet to see one good reason why he shouldn't be put on a year's notice with immediate effect.

Because it doesn't work with managers at football clubs for what I would think to be obvious reasons.

FC's have to find a way to change the manager immediately if a decision has been made that a manager has come to the end of his 'usefulness'. When they try and mark time awaiting the final day, the team invaribly loses any effectiveness or cohesion it may have had.

If there was nothing to play for then ok but that isn't the case.

A manager falls with his tactics, team selections and most importantly, results. So far McCoist delivered the results that mattered, i.e. promotion. If he fails here ... or it will look like he does, the board will react. We have lost to Hearts and Hibs before, Ivan Sproule and Allan Johnston will still ring some bells. At the end of the day, the title is what mattered though. It is still all that matters. Either McCoist starts changing his tactics and selections (and/or gets results), or that will be that.

On a sidenote, is anyone going ballistic in medialand abou the Yahoos lingering in 4th place at the end of September, 5 points behind the Arabs? They sure have a game in hand, but it is not a given that they get three points there.

Never have I read such absolute pish in my life. "So far McCoist delivered the results that mattered". Start with Malmo and list them then, please. Is he only struggling now because he does not have 200 times the budget of the opposition?

At least he is very wealthy due to his abject failure and dismal tenure. Good on you McCoist. Probably even knows his salary now as well.

Because it doesn't work with managers at football clubs for what I would think to be obvious reasons.

FC's have to find a way to change the manager immediately if a decision has been made that a manager has come to the end of his 'usefulness'. When they try and mark time awaiting the final day, the team invaribly loses any effectiveness or cohesion it may have had.

If there was nothing to play for then ok but that isn't the case.

It's not working very well right now.

If it was explained to McCoist that his year's notice was kicking in immediately, and with the possibility that he could win a new contract if the team wins the division, he has every incentive to perform.

If, however, he was to fail in these circumstances, parting would be so much cheaper. Putting him in a position where he is given the opportunity to win a new contract should ensure that there is no slacking. If anything, it should concentrated minds and see a benefit.