It's a fair summation of the status quo.

I'd guess that the main reason for low crowds is the overall farce rather than one specific issue but, as it stands, the most obvious problem for many fans will be the team's performance and that of the manager. Not because anyone suddenly thinks McCoist is just becoming unsuitable now but because they feel it's only now his lack of ability may well cost us another season in a lower division.

Yes, perhaps the most pressing or overarching issue is that of the board's performance and the financial future of the club but it's all part of the same rotten fruit. The board can't be defended but neither can the manager.

We need to move past the issue of scapegoats or heroes. That's just far too simplistic.

Well considering none of us know....uness of course you have inside information ?

Like perhaps how many subscribed to Dave King's trust fund ?

That is 'Black Knight' of Monty Python territory rather than a Noble French swordsman.

That almost surprises me, coming from you.....but tbh, not any more.

Im in no way defending the board. They are like rabbits caught in the headlights who are consistently shown to be out of their depth. You have to admit though they rather conveniently deflect the attention from the sub standard football we have to endure like we saw on Monday night

They are not the innocents abroad that you attempt to portray.

This whole drama has been meticulously planned, has had the resources of a variety of spin doctors at it's disposal and has used empty promises; deflection tactics; schemes which promote division; and even barefaced lies in order to cover up their plundering and to hoodwink a, somehow still, gullible support.

The poor standard of football on offer is nothing new, and is merely indicative of what is going on all the way through the club. If every department of a company is under-performing, the reasons for that go far deeper than the poor performance of a single department head.

It's a fair summation of the status quo.

I'd guess that the main reason for low crowds is the overall farce rather than one specific issue but, as it stands, the most obvious problem for many fans will be the team's performance and that of the manager. Not because anyone suddenly thinks McCoist is just becoming unsuitable now but because they feel it's only now his lack of ability may well cost us another season in a lower division.

Yes, perhaps the most pressing or overarching issue is that of the board's performance and the financial future of the club but it's all part of the same rotten fruit. The board can't be defended but neither can the manager.

We need to move past the issue of scapegoats or heroes. That's just far too simplistic.

Aye, perhaps the clubs survival is the most pressing issue. :eek2:

Frankie, there is No "perhaps" about it.

The dogs in the street know that McCoist can't do the job and want change, it isn't an either or.

But that change is complicated further by our financial situation which is because of....................aye, the mess upstairs.

Like perhaps how many subscribed to Dave King's trust fund ?

I don't think the answer to that would necessarily tally with non-renewals and nor should it. I'd say a few prominent fan groups aside that as much as most fans are concerned with the quality of the board (and wouldn't have renewed because of it) many are just as cynical when it comes to the intentions of Dave King - or indeed said groups.

Thus I'd again guess that while perhaps only 1000 at most joined the DK initiative, many more of the 13,000 didn't renew because of the board. Add in the poor quality product and price increase then it's not only a perfect storm but a vicious circle. A situation the club, the manager and Dave King appear to be struggling to extricate us from.

Aye, perhaps the clubs survival is the most pressing issue. :eek2:

Frankie, there is No "perhaps" about it.

The dogs in the street know that McCoist can't do the job and want change, it isn't an either or.

But that change is complicated further by our financial situation which is because of....................aye, the mess upstairs.

Like I say it's too simplistic just to talk of the club's survival as one issue when there are so many factors contributing to it. You or I may suggest the board's inability is the most important aspect of that but some fans will only care about what's happening on the park.

This, in my mind, is where the fan groups are failing us. They've become blinkered to the board's performance rather than examining the whole problem. The meek acceptance of poor quality football is or could be as dangerous as those who used to break bread with the likes of Brian Stockbridge. Similarly, while I'd strongly disagree with Rab or No Pope on King's intentions, not criticising him is problematic as well.

The dogs on the street can't afford to bite selectively. Further, we've continually shown that our bark is a lot worse than that bite.

I don't think the answer to that would necessarily tally with non-renewals and nor should it. I'd say a few prominent fan groups aside that as much as most fans are concerned with the quality of the board (and wouldn't have renewed because of it) many are just as cynical when it comes to the intentions of Dave King - or indeed said groups.

Thus I'd again guess that while perhaps only 1000 at most joined the DK initiative, many more of the 13,000 didn't renew because of the board. Add in the poor quality product and price increase then it's not only a perfect storm but a vicious circle. A situation the club, the manager and Dave King appear to be struggling to extricate us from.

Apparently, unless you have a signed affidavit from said individuals they don't exist.

:seal:

I don't think on the park issues will be addressed until the off the park ones are settled.

I think that's fair enough but we have to recognise that as long as the off the park issues can't be solved neither can we ignore or excuse the on the park ones.

In many ways, the failure (or perhaps more accurately the inability) of the board to be able to remove the manager and/or address the whole football operation may finally bring the issue to a head.