What is the board for if not to steer and control the club?

if the football is crap and the manager is unable to change it, whose responsibility is it to deal with that?

If the name of the club is being dragged through the mud and the board fail to address that, whose responsibility is it to deal with that?

If the club is being mismanaged in commercial, footballing and public relations domains, whose responsibbility is that?

if the world's most loyal and steadfast fans have been voicing discontent and rebellion to the point of refusing to buy season tickets and the causes of her discontent remain unaddressed, whose responsibility is that?

Once upon a time, people in positions of responsibility were expected to fall on their sword if they or their departments fucked up.

You are wasting your time, some don't want to see it.

Rab

Have a look in the Mike Ashey doubling his stake thread, and in particular this little gem of information..

Now we understand Ashley and his representatives held further talks with Easdale and his PR guru Jack Irvine in London ahead of yesterday’s LSE announcement.

We have almost acquiesced to his obvious -re-involvement at our club - it matters not to me if he is on Easdales pay roll, rather than the club's.

How can we even afford any shred of credibility or trust to a board member who employs a guy who was a component part of the Whyte tenure ? Who saw it as acceptable practice to disclose from us fans the true nature of Whyte's character, who misled us over events which were transpiring at our club. In my opinion he is every bit as culpable as Whyte for what transpired.

Ask yourself to whom is Irvine's first duty - Rangers or Easdale ?

If the Easdales had one iota of respect for this club or its fans Irvine would be nowehere near our club.

I think what les186 (six posts in 2 years???) means is - Success on the field is more important than anything else.

Success on the field is the key.

As I said I understand and agree with his point that success on the filed is paramount (and whilst I don't like the football it is arguable whether Ally has failed to deliver since we have won the two promotions required of him and BTW I think he's tactically clueless) BUT I see no need for references to notorious killers.

Rab

Have a look in the Mike Ashey doubling his stake thread' date=' and in particular this little gem of information..

We have almost acquiesced to his obvious -re-involvement at our club - it matters not to me if he is on Easdales pay roll, rather than the club's.

How can we even afford any shred of credibility or trust to a board member who employs a guy who was a component part of the Whyte tenure ? Who saw it as acceptable practice to disclose from us fans the true nature of Whyte's character, who misled us over events which were transpiring at our club. In my opinion he is every bit as culpable as Whyte for what transpired.

Ask yourself to whom is Irvine's first duty - Rangers or Easdale ?

If the Easdales had one iota of respect for this club or its fans Irvine would be nowehere near our club.[/quote']

Irvine has been a cancer at the heart of our club from the SDM days to the present day, having his hand up the Judas Blogger McMurdo and advisor to the ex-con, Easdale.

He was very much part of sowing the seeds of divide within the support and thereafter nuturing them by encouraging opposition to groups who may oppose the sp.ivboard of the day.

Irvine has always been on & with the axis of power.

SDM

Whyte (although partly took a step back and put others in his place because of 'conflict' issues)

D&P (curious how court appointed administrators needed a six figure sum of spin-doctoring for a few months)

Green&Co (he managed the handover 'of sorts' between Green and Easdale for faceless ones)

Easdale&Proxies

Ashely and Bishop (spin-doctor) are another double act that will mislead us in the same way.

Originally Posted by les186

I don't think most fans would bother if Dr Crippen was our chairman and Pol Pot was our chief executive, as long as we had on field success. McCoist has been given more than adequate resources and has failed to deliver.

Whilst I agree with the point you are making, I feel that you could make it quite well without reference to the notorious murderer Dr Crippen and the even more notorious leader of the Khmer Rouge. Whatever crimes our Board may be guilty of, murder and genocide are not among them.

Do you agree with the sentiment ?

ie. You want to see a successful team on the park and don't really care about those on the RIFC/TRFC boards and their MO.

Do you agree with the sentiment ?

ie. You want to see a successful team on the park and don't really care about those on the RIFC/TRFC boards and their MO.

I think it's self evident that, above all else, most if not all fans want to see a successful team on the park; and it's my opinion that if that were the case the vast majority would not care a jot who was sitting in the Board room. That is not to say that I agree with everything the Board has done or even how they go about the Club's business.

Sorry no time to get into this today as I am off to a funeral.

The main point I wanted to make to this new poster was that it was entirely unnecessary IMHO to make reference to notorious killers in order to make his point.

I think it's self evident that, above all else, most if not all fans want to see a successful team on the park; and it's my opinion that if that were the case the vast majority would not care a jot who was sitting in the Board room. That is not to say that I agree with everything the Board has done or even how they go about the Club's business.

I think you misjudge the current situation and almost patronise a section of the support that I obviously think bigger than you do.

It goes without saying that fans would like to see a successful team on the park.

However, I think after recent years, there are many more supporters that now appreciate the importance of having a club properly and honestly run from the boardroom.

What's your priority......short term success on park...or...transparency and honesty (well run club) upstairs.