Celtic manager Ronny Deila on BBC Radio Scotland

BBC

Posted at 12:31

"Ross County are coming up with a lot of confidence, are used to winning and a have lot of energy and nothing to lose.

"I am impressed with what they're doing and we will be in for a hard match today.

Didn't seem to know who they were playing?

Hamilton top of the league after 9 games; can Celtic qualify for Europe next season or even finish in the top 6?

As with us, early days yet. The Arabs stumbled at Killie this weekend, whereas the Accies bandwaggon rolls on. Beating the Scum at the hut is no easy feat, so kudos to them. That said, the Yahoos profitted on rather dubious penalty decisions that did not go against or for them, else they would be even further behind. For all these "smaller" teams, the problem usually lies in keeping it up all season with the ressources (or lack of) they have. I wish the Accies all the best, much like ICt last season. Whether they have the strength in depths - or Hearts for that matter - remains to be seen.

Brown read the riot act as the Hoops dropped more points and lost at home to Accies for the first time in 76 years.

The defending champions are now six points behind table-topping Hamilton and, while they have a game in hand, Brown, right, knows the Celtic support had every right to boo his team off the park after another Premiership no-show.

He said: “We missed a few chances but we didn’t deserve anything, to be perfectly honest. We didn’t play as well as we should have.

“We didn’t have enough movement and there weren’t enough people wanting the ball.

“People were just hiding and it was disappointing to see and play in. I take my share of the blame. I’m not laying the blame at everybody else because we’re a team.

“It’s not just the fans’ frustrations, there are my own frustrations as well.

“Everyone in that dressing room should be devastated with that result.

It had been two-and-a-half years since we’d lost at home,

“It looked like we’d given up fighting – we were second to balls, we didn’t have enough up front. It just wasn’t good to watch.”

An embarrassed Brown conceded Celtic were second best, claiming he and the rest of the players – including the new signings – need to roll their sleeves up for a fight. He added: “Celtic are huge. I know when I first came I didn’t realise how big a club it is.

“Now the players have to realise that this is a huge club.

“You look at the fans and I can understand why they were booing.

“We don’t want that. We should be entertaining them and we aren’t.

“We’re just not doing it as a team and as individuals.

“We’re just waiting for somebody like Kris Commons to score a wonder goal from 30 yards and then we’re all happy.

“But that doesn’t happen every week. We have to play and work hard.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/519181/No-hiding-from-furious-Celtic-skipper-Scott-Brown-s-wrath

Brown read the riot act as the Hoops dropped more points and lost at home to Accies for the first time in 76 years.

We now know what Broon was doing with his time during his injury lay-off, learning to read.

He's just showing off now.

Former Celtic boss Lennon set for Saudi Arabia job

NEIL LENNON is on the brink of returning to football management after Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad confirmed they were in advanced talks with the former Celtic boss.

The Northern Irishman has been out of work since quitting the Hoops at the end of last season - despite a host of jobs being available in England.

And it looks like Lennon is ready to end his various media commitments to move to the Middle East for a lucrative deal with the ambitious Jeddah-based Saudi outfit.

The club's president, Ibrahem Al-Balawi, said: "Quite simply, we are looking for the best possible manager for our club. We want a world-class coach and are in talks with candidates.

"With regards to the speculation with Neil Lennon, we won't be making a comment until any deal is formally concluded."

But reports in Saudi say Lennon has beaten off competition from former River Plate boss Ramon Diaz and current Romania manager Victor Piturca to land the mega-bucks post.

Al-Ittihad have been in decline for some time now and last won the Saudi Premier League five years ago and the Asian Champions League in 2005.

They could only finish sixth last season and axed previous manager Khalid Al Koroni after a Champions League quarter-final hammering to United Arab Emirates' Al Ain.

Lennon won eight Premier League titles with Celtic - five as a player and three as a manager - and achieved considerable success in Europe.

Now he could be set for a new role with Al-Ittihad, who play at the 60,000-capacity King Abdullah Sports City Stadium.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/celtic/former-celtic-boss-lennon-set-for-saudi-arabia-job-183312n.25509601

Former Celtic boss Lennon set for Saudi Arabia job

NEIL LENNON is on the brink of returning to football management after Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad confirmed they were in advanced talks with the former Celtic boss.

The Northern Irishman has been out of work since quitting the Hoops at the end of last season - despite a host of jobs being available in England.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/celtic/former-celtic-boss-lennon-set-for-saudi-arabia-job-183312n.25509601

Maybe the Arabs want some heavy rain and have heard that Lennon has "bringing thunder" on his CV.

:seal: