When I saw you had posted I knew the direction it would take, not that I remotely disagree with you :lover:

When you are in a position of weakness or run as an Omnishambles that doesn't prioritise the football club then we'll remain an easy target. As I said, wait until we get to the top tier and we won't be allowed to forget it.

Back in the day, Sir Duped of Murray left this door ajar when he demonstrated that he wasn't particularly interested in protecting the name of the club but was extremely adept and timely when it came to any criticism that was directed towards him. Overtime this proved damaging to the Rangers brand.

But what we didn't fully know at the time was where the SDM direction was going to take the club.

However, we now see only too well what can happen when the strategic direction and executive control doesn't prioritise the football club or it's reputation. ie. what was born out of the Sir Duped reign,

How far do we let this (gravy)train(s) go down the line and where are we as a club in X years ?

The Livingston Chairman has felt 'comfortable' enough to apoligize in such a way that in effect reaffirms what was said in the match programme, only to a wider audience. The direction at Rangers will look at this and not give a flying F as to the reputation of the club (despite what they may say) but may or may not look to use it so as to encourage the old 'siege mentality' line for their own advantage, as they have done so often in he past.

Edited by buster.

The 'new club' tag is going to be a running sore for years, maybe even decades, but while we can't stop opposition fans saying it, when it is the printed word in an official club publication, there is a case to answer, and even a shoddily run club like Rangers should be on top of this.

The 'new club' tag is going to be a running sore for years, maybe even decades, but while we can't stop opposition fans saying it, when it is the printed word in an official club publication, there is a case to answer, and even a shoddily run club like Rangers should be on top of this.

The tag of "new club" is the domain of the Rangers hater - it requires an indvidual or organisation to completely ignore both the rulings and authority of Lord Nimmo Smith, the SFA, UEFA, ECA and of course ASA.

When a football club allows itself to enter that domain, ignoring the rule and authority of the organisations which govern them, they deserve every punishment which subsequently comes their way.

The tag of "new club" is the domain of the Rangers hater - it requires an indvidual or organisation to completely ignore both the rulings and authority of Lord Nimmo Smith' date=' the SFA, UEFA, ECA and of course ASA.

When a football club allows itself to enter that domain, ignoring the rule and authority of the organisations which govern them, they deserve every punishment which subsequently comes their way.[/quote']

I agree and would add or re-iterate that the reason so many feel 'comfortable' going down this or similar routes is that they have good reason to believe (ironically, years of precedent) that their actions or words will not be challanged in a significant way. Some of the reasons for which, I cover in a post above.

There's no way that was a mistake and it doesn't matter if it was only intended as a wind-up either because it was extremely irresponsible.

The best way to deal with Clubs who've shown us this sort of contempt and disrespect (and far worse in some cases), would be to actively boycott away games to their grounds and stadiums.

They wouldn't be laughing and sniggering up their sleeves if the blue pound stopped filling their tills.

There's no way that was a mistake and it doesn't matter if it was only intended as a wind-up either because it was extremely irresponsible.

The best way to deal with Clubs who've shown us this sort of contempt and disrespect (and far worse in some cases), would be to actively boycott away games to their grounds and stadiums.

They wouldn't be laughing and sniggering up their sleeves if the blue pound stopped filling their tills.

It really isn't.

We don't do boycotting very well, but even if we did, is it really a good idea for Rangers fans to stop following the team around Scotland? If we were successful in boycotting away grounds, and let's face it, we'd find a reason to boycott everyone, supporters' clubs would fold and the team would have no support at away games. Is this what we want?

The answer is for Rangers to chase down every club which perpetuates the 'new club' lie by using official channels to get them disciplined.

Forget boycotts. This has to be met head on.

It really isn't.

We don't do boycotting very well, but even if we did, is it really a good idea for Rangers fans to stop following the team around Scotland? If we were successful in boycotting away grounds, and let's face it, we'd find a reason to boycott everyone, supporters' clubs would fold and the team would have no support at away games. Is this what we want?

The answer is for Rangers to chase down every club which perpetuates the 'new club' lie by using official channels to get them disciplined.

Agree to most of this, but there is, as usual, not just one way to make them feel our anger. The club should demand a correction to the stuff published, be it by a Livingston freelancer or by some media trolls. We can do our own job and e.g. boycot those grounds or give these people a certain recognition of their deeds, not least when the game is screened live.

It really isn't.

Agree with most of this, and sadly the bit I put in bold is all too true with our online community these days. If you speak to Bears who do not frequent the online community, they dont really get all fussed about these wind-ups, and dont seem to have the same blood-pressure issues either!

It really isn't.

I don't see any valid reason to just forget the concept of boycotts when we've got ten to fifteen thousand fans boycotting our own club.

I'm certainly not suggesting that our fans stop following the team around Scotland, that's just completely exaggerating the discussion to a silly level.

This Livingston issue is quite mild & petty, but it's quite rightly being dealt with as a matter of principal and I'm fine with it staying just as an official complaint in this case.

What I'm really talking about with boycotts is a small handful of clubs who've tried to stick the knife into Rangers in recent years.

It's not for me or anyone here to suggest boycotting certain away games, but put it this way:

I'd be quite pleased if we did boycott the likes of Tannadice, Stark's Park and East End Park to name three in particular.