To invest mob-handed, it is desirable to set up a vehicle to do so. The RST has done that and each person involved is the holder of a community share. It's a bit like being a part of a consortium, but having lots of partners instead of just a few.

I could have a single share in Rangers if I wanted, but I choose not to. I go in with the collective now. One day, I'll hopefully be a member of Rangers in my own name, but until that time comes, I'm delighted to be investing in partnership with other fans.

That's the thing though, I have no interest in owning in holding any community shares but would happily invest a five figure sum in Rangers shares under the right circumstances.

We can argue the toss and go round in circles.

We can float in a thread of well written 'hope' proclaiming how we agree.

Or perhaps we could appreciate a well written article, have the debate on this fundamantal and complicated issue, accept that it won't be easy, accept we won't all agree on every detail and wait/hope for those involved to actually move towards step 1.

And not forget the immediate which in turn has direct influence on future ambitions of fan ownership.

Don't interpret this or my other posts in this thread as a negative, for me it's about trying to be direct and realistic about the situation. To a point where something actually starts to move. A follow-up from yourself or other regards the possible practical mechanics of what you touch on would be welcome.

For me, fan ownership is the answer but as we are, it's not happening.

Im not taking it as negative, and I agree that there needs to be finer detail to the road map as you have alluded to.

But in all honesty I dont think thats for me to provide - I have no right to suggest to any of these organisations how we should go about the a,b,c of

bringing it all together for the positive benefit of our club - perhaps its even unrealistic on my part to hope that they can - perhaps as others have suggested we need to rip up the script and start again addressing some of the issues FS has raised.

What is refreshing about this thread is the recognition that the fractures are detrimental to our club - if the blog does nothing else - then even that is an achievement.

That's the thing though, I have no interest in owning in holding any community shares but would happily invest a five figure sum in Rangers shares under the right circumstances.

To get fan ownership though, even though it takes time, it is better for fans to link arms and go in together. I think you are right not to invest a serious sum of money, but you could have a community share with the RST for around £130, and that's it. You are in and no more payments need be made.

The day may or may not come when you can put in significantly more, but being part of a movement intent on making Rangers a fan-owned club is surely a worthwhile experience.

It's ironic that the man who is lauded in the OP is the one who was instrumental in bringing about the circumstances which allowed the last few years to be possible. The underhand tactics employed by him and his cronies in order to grab power would have drawn appreciative nods from the likes of Whyte, Green and Ashley - but none of them will have the first idea of what is being referred to.

I think that this puts things into perspective with regards to deciding who or what has the best interests of Rangers as their first and only goal. The truth is that ego and personal gain will always be lurking somewhere. The victors will be the ones who can outmanoeuvre the opposition.

I don't know the first thing about the various FO vehicle options that there may be.

However, in the event that an individual fan and shareholder preferred not to join the FO vehicle directly, wouldn't the option of proxying voting rights (longterm) exist ? This might not be as solid a base but might allow the block to carry more weight.

What other options exist regards FO and is there anyone especially that you see as the best option ?

It's ironic that the man who is lauded in the OP is the one who was instrumental in bringing about the circumstances which allowed the last few years to be possible. The underhand tactics employed by him and his cronies in order to grab power would have drawn appreciative nods from the likes of Whyte, Green and Ashley - but none of them will have the first idea of what is being referred to.

I think that this puts things into perspective with regards to deciding who or what has the best interests of Rangers as their first and only goal. The truth is that ego and personal gain will always be lurking somewhere. The victors will be the ones who can outmanoeuvre the opposition.

I dont remember lauding SDM anywhere in that OP.

I think that this puts things into perspective with regards to deciding who or what has the best interests of Rangers as their first and only goal. The truth is that ego and personal gain will always be lurking somewhere. The victory will be the ones who can outmanoeuvre the opposition.

Although you've got a point Struth's intentions were no doubt for the benefit of Rangers. Back then ****s weren't on the radar especially when football clubs didn't have the commercial appeal they have today.

Yes, it certainly is ironic.

Im not taking it as negative' date=' and I agree that there needs to be finer detail to the road map as you have alluded to.

But in all honesty I dont think thats for me to provide - I have no right to suggest to any of these organisations how we should go about the a,b,c of

bringing it all together for the positive benefit of our club - perhaps its even unrealistic on my part to hope that they can - perhaps as others have suggested we need to rip up the script and start again addressing some of the issues FS has raised.

What is refreshing about this thread is the recognition that the fractures are detrimental to our club - if the blog does nothing else - then even that is an achievement.[/quote']

No-one has any particular 'right' but someone would be needed to suggest or to get the ball rolling and establish initial dialogue as a preface towards a hypothetical step 1. 'the meeting'..............Otherwise, regards 'division', we simply stay in the dark clouds kicking the baw aboot while 'Athens is burning and looted'.

Tbh I think we all know that the fractures have been severly detrimental to our club.

What your blog touches upon and has resonated for, is an attempt to kick-start a solution.

I mentioned earlier that IMO, any attempted kick-start should be driven jointly by various parties.

No-one or group should look for any credit, it would have to be seen as 'a 'joint-effort'.