http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7812-notice-under-section-303-of-the-companies-act-2006

The Company announces that it has received a notice dated 7 October 2014 from Mike Ashley, a director of MASH Holdings Limited ("MASH") under Section 303 of the Companies Act 2006

The notice states that MASH holds 4,265,000 Ordinary Shares of 1p each in the Company amounting to 5% of the voting rights of the Company.

MASH requires the Company to call a general meeting of the Shareholders of the Company and to put certain resolutions to Shareholders for inclusion in the business at such a general meeting of the Company (the "Notice").

The Notice puts forward resolutions for the removal of Graham Wallace and Philip Nash as directors of the Company. The Company is currently verifying that the Notice is properly constituted.

If valid, the Board intends to seek to have such Notice withdrawn in order to avoid the cost and disruption of an ad hoc general meeting particularly given the Company's forthcoming Annual General Meeting, further details of which will be announced in due course. The Board is united in its support of the executive team.

If the Notice is valid and is not withdrawn, the Directors intend to recommend that Shareholders vote against the proposed resolutions. A further announcement will be made shortly.

More bad news, even if somewhat unexpected.

No honour among thieves.

The part I emboldened is interesting - though probably irrelevant given the make up of the investor shareholding.

A united fan voice is now very important to any proposed vote.

The part I emboldened is interesting - though probably irrelevant given the make up of the investor shareholding.

Is that not just a standard reply? I certainly don't believe that the brothers are going to go to war over this, and the others will be aware that they could be next for the chop.

Is that not just a standard reply? I certainly don't believe that the brothers are going to go to war over this, and the others will be aware that they could be next for the chop.

Most probably but it perhaps gives an indication of Laxey's thinking. They are an important factor.

Another stage change in the ongoing sp.iv process to extract value from the club beckons as we head towards another December and another AGM. Regardless of what results from the proposed EGM (if it takes place).

Many said that the last 'New Board' were basically a continuem rather than the proclaimed 'change for the better'.

Well, what you'll get again is any 'blame' apportioned to the past and give the 'new board' time. there will probably an initial 'sweetner or two attached'. Meanwhile "turn up and give us your Blue Pound, we need it or the club is in trouble."

They won't tell you that there is effectivelly a 'spi.v tax' to pay from that Blue Pound and that their MO will ensure that we head towards 'trouble'.

A united board supporting Wallace ?

I don't think so, more misleading bullshit.

(James RIFC board) Easdale for one wants rid of GW.

I doubt it will come to an EGM.

I think in part they want to force at least Wallace to walk.

A united board supporting Wallace ?

I don't think so, more misleading bullshit.

(James RIFC board) Easdale for one wants rid of GW.

Yes it does sound unlikely but perhaps an indication of Laxey's uncertainty. Thought I'd trust them with about as much faith as I'd trust Charles Green.