Rangers Ship Sails Into Perfect Storm

BIll's latest piece is textbook pr spin. Less than a year ago he was calling Wallace world class now he is suddenly the enemy.

As most bears know by now Bill's a bad joke but to be fair the opposite could be said about the UoF when it comes to Wallace criticism.

It's this kind of confusion that just puts off the thousands of bears who only take a passing interest in such matters.

The Wallace subject is a touch awkward because from the perspective of folk like myself who were always skeptical as to whether he was the right man and how much power he would really have, I think it's fair to say that his performance hasn't exactly covered him glory.

A lot of us were immediately skeptical about his so-called 120 day business review and immediately saw the 4 month review period as excessive in length and little more than a stalling tactic.

In the end, the business review was late being released and completely disappointing when it finally was because 99% of it's content could have been written by many a fan posting on a Gers forum.

Where it starts getting a bit awkward though, is that while we were skeptical about Wallace and now almost 11 months since his appointment we aren't exactly over the moon with his performance, the truth is that we don't actually know how much good work he's done behind the scenes with Nash's help.

Not only that, but from what we can gather it seems like Wallace and Nash are independent and not just yes men doing the bidding and boardroom voting of various mystery owners, so the attempt to remove them could be bad news if successful.

Something that bothers me about Ashley's EGM requisition is that it doesn't include any proposal/s for replacements in the form of new appointments, so that leaves a massive question mark hanging over the plan and who would take over the CEO & FO positions.

The Wallace subject is a touch awkward because from the perspective of folk like myself who were always skeptical as to whether he was the right man and how much power he would really have, I think it's fair to say that his performance hasn't exactly covered him glory.

A lot of us were immediately skeptical about his so-called 120 day business review and immediately saw the 4 month review period as excessive in length and little more than a stalling tactic.

In the end, the business review was late being released and completely disappointing when it finally was because 99% of it's content could have been written by many a fan posting on a Gers forum.

Where it starts getting a bit awkward though, is that while we were skeptical about Wallace and now almost 11 months since his appointment we aren't exactly over the moon with his performance, the truth is that we don't actually know how much good work he's done behind the scenes with Nash's help.

Not only that, but from what we can gather it seems like Wallace and Nash are independent and not just yes men doing the bidding and boardroom voting of various mystery owners, so the attempt to remove them could be bad news if successful.

Something that bothers me about Ashley's EGM requisition is that it doesn't include any proposal/s for replacements in the form of new appointments, so that leaves a massive question mark hanging over the plan and who would take over the CEO & FO positions.

Doesn't it appear odd that it took Wallace quite a wee while to do this good, and that it all seems to have coincided with his bonus becoming an issue with the support, with him subsequently being offered up by Control as the next sacrificial lamb?

Wallace's 'good work' smacks of a desperate man looking to curry favour with the possible successor to the throne in order to keep his gravy boat topped up. I have yet to see anything from Graham Wallace to suggest that the wellbeing of Rangers is at the foremost of his thoughts.

If Merlin's story today is true about GW being unhappy about only getting a £160k bonus instead of the full £350k then the sooner he's gone the better as far as I'm concerned.What did he have to do to get this bonus? What pre-determined targets were met?

For me he's been more than a bit of a disappointment as CEO.His 120 day business review achieved little for starters and his fund raising efforts didn't amount to much either to such an extent he's now supposedly supporting the DK consortium which is well risky IMO due to whether they will even be making an sort of offer for Rangers.

I do wonder however if GW is simply working his ticket to get the inevitable but now-expected excessive pay off from the ever decreasing funds.

If Merlin's story today is true about GW being unhappy about only getting a £160k bonus instead of the full £350k then the sooner he's gone the better as far as I'm concerned.What did he have to do to get this bonus? What pre-determined targets were met?

For me he's been more than a bit of a disappointment as CEO.His 120 day business review achieved little for starters and his fund raising efforts didn't amount to much either to such an extent he's now supposedly supporting the DK consortium which is well risky IMO due to whether they will even be making an sort of offer for Rangers.

I do wonder however if GW is simply working his ticket to get the inevitable but now-expected excessive pay off from the ever decreasing funds.

maybe his cronies that decided his contract and bonus should go with him.

I take it those who gave him the bonus must go as well?

bottom line is Wallace and Nash have done their job and looked for sources of investment.

Ashley wanted the image rights they refused to give him.

He wants them removed so he can get the image rights.

ps

Wallace and Nash are not the 70's band that topped the charts