Whilst fan ownership may sound great in theory it is very difficult indeed in practice as things currently stand.

Rangers are not some sort of cottage industry run as a hobby but a world famous football club run by a Plc.

Neither is Borrussia Dortmund.

Yet you haven't told us what you, me and thousands of our fans have done to get our club out of the clutches of these vultures. The bottom line is the Rangers supporters cannot afford to buy the current lot out. Money is the only thing that will rid us of them and we sadly do not have enough to satisfy the board. To me fan ownership is even more deluded than expecting, waiting for, hoping for a King, Park, McColl whoever to step up and give the current shower what they want. At least we know, the type we hope for, whoever they are, have the means unlike all those fans you think can take control at our club. Frankly fan ownership is a pipedream which will never come to fruition, we have had numerous individuals in our history own the club and will have again.

Too thick is probably closer to the truth than we want to accept. Skint and clueless more reasons why it won't happen.

Where have i said a total stranger? Please quote me that post.

Because the same ownership model also brought us our glorious history. It's that simple.

Why not? Because a couple of animals tried their best to ruin us? Nonsense. We shouldn't be put off by 3 or 4 years of torture out of over 140.

If a few years or torture doesn't put you off a seriously flawed ownership model, a few false starts from fan groups shouldn't have you giving up on your fellow supporters.

I have been as critical as anyone of fan group attempts to be constructive, but I'm not giving up on them simply because they have mostly faltered up to now.

You are holding the door open to strangers with this ownership model, and so you will get whoever walks in. It might be Dave King, whose heart is in the right place, but it could be Mike Ashley or AN Other, and they might have rather different priorities.

This idea that Rangers can be secure indefinitely when we are doing nothing to stop dubious characters buying into the club is ridiculous.

With a proper fan ownership structure, we could have a president at the top of the marble staircase, and we'd elect him to the position.

Instead, you prefer a system which can deliver Craig Whyte, Charles Green and the current lot.

We are running an unnecessary risk when we allow people like this to own and run the club, and when they get it badly wrong, we can hardly grumble when it is the Rangers support itself that keeps refusing to bolt the door to undesirable elements.

The weakest link at Rangers is its ownership model. If we fix it, we can build a future together. If we don't, we will be left to hope and pray that everything will be okay.

That's the choice, and it's not a difficult one.

Whilst fan ownership may sound great in theory it is very difficult indeed in practice as things currently stand.

Rangers are not some sort of cottage industry run as a hobby but a world famous football club run by a Plc.

Barcelona isn't a cottage industry either.

If a few years or torture doesn't put you off a seriously flawed ownership model, a few false starts from fan groups shouldn't have you giving up on your fellow supporters.

I have been as critical as anyone of fan group attempts to be constructive, but I'm not giving up on them simply because they have mostly faltered up to now.

You are holding the door open to strangers with this ownership model, and so you will get whoever walks in. It might be Dave King, whose heart is in the right place, but it could be Mike Ashley or AN Other, and they might have rather different priorities.

This idea that Rangers can be secure indefinitely when we are doing nothing to stop dubious characters buying into the club is ridiculous.

With a proper fan ownership structure, we could have a president at the top of the marble staircase, and we'd elect him to the position.

Instead, you prefer a system which can deliver Craig Whyte, Charles Green and the current lot.

We are running an unnecessary risk when we allow people like this to own and run the club, and when they get it badly wrong, we can hardly grumble when it is the Rangers support itself that keeps refusing to bolt the door to undesirable elements.

The weakest link at Rangers is its ownership model. If we fix it, we can build a future together. If we don't, we will be left to hope and pray that everything will be okay.

Thanks Hildy, i agree with just about every word of that. I have my opinion but i cannot and do not claim it to be right, just what i feel i prefer given so many variables. I do understand and apprecaite what you are saying, i really do.

I would like to know though, how, with a fan ownership model we get the club off the Laxeys, Ashleys, B&Ps and Margaritas? How do we get control of our club when guys like Paul Murray, Jim McColl and Dave King can't? What do we do?

Thanks Hildy, i agree with just about every word of that. I have my opinion but i cannot and do not claim it to be right, just what i feel i prefer given so many variables. I do understand and apprecaite what you are saying, i really do.

I would like to know though, how, with a fan ownership model we get the club off the Laxeys, Ashleys, B&Ps and Margaritas? How do we get control of our club when guys like Paul Murray, Jim McColl and Dave King can't? What do we do?

I'm not saying that it's easy and it doesn't look as though it will happen quickly, but it is still something we should be looking to do. I'm in the RST because it is pretty much in tune with my views.

If Ashley takes over, the task to achieve fan ownership will be much greater, but if King is installed, he might be prepared to move in a direction that has never really tempted him in the past. We should raise the subject with him when the dust settles. He must realise that Rangers will need a long-term solution to this ownership issue.

Don't think I'm having a go at you. I'm not. You are a good contributor and I'm sure you will continue to be so long into the future - but please, don't write off fan ownership.

Well said. Unquestionably true, imho - my only change would be to end with "it really should not be a difficult one" (and only because for some reason. for many, it seems to be).

Neither is Borrussia Dortmund.

Unless I'm mistaken it is a requirement that german clubs are 51 percent fan owned but the commercial deals a bundesliga club could get compared a Scottish Premiership club puts things into a different perspective for me