Anyone know the four or five players he means?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-call-4457552?

ALLY McCOIST has backed Rangers’ move to call off last week’s league clash at Cowdenbeath – and says they will do it again. The SPFL turned down a bid from the Fifers to get it back on after the Ibrox men had it put back due to international call-ups.

McCoist said: “Why would I want to play the game now when I can play it later with a full squad? It just doesn’t make sense.

“If you have four or five players on international duty, logic would tell you they will be some of your better players.

“I’ve got to look after the interests of my club. If we played without four players and lost, I’m not sure there would be much sympathy. Having called games off in the past, it would also be unfair on other teams. If we play Dumbarton when there is an international and have four players out, is that then fair on Cowdenbeath where we called the game off?

“So we have to show fairness to everyone but the most important thing is that we have to look after our own corner.”

@@@@

I can't think of more than one who would have been missing. And now, scared as we are to face Cowdenbeath, we'll drop points later in the season or go out of cups because we'll be playing three games week with players who train so little they are exhausted after 70 minutes far less 270.

Whether or not it is a case-to-case issue (as someone pointed out), if we agree to play a game when Macleod (u21s or the like) and some others are away (whether playing or not), you can bet your bottom pound that if a similar case arrises in March or April, we will be required to play the game, no matter how our suspension and injury situation is - as long as we have enough players on our books who can take to the field.

I doubt that we "fear" anyone in this league. On the other hand, the paying customer also wants to see the best Rangers side out there, no matter the opposition. Value for money et al.

Just as food for thought.

Whether or not it is a case-to-case issue (as someone pointed out), if we agree to play a game when Macleod (u21s or the like) and some others are away (whether playing or not), you can bet your bottom pound that if a similar case arrises in March or April, we will be required to play the game, no matter how our suspension and injury situation is - as long as we have enough players on our books who can take to the field.

I doubt that we "fear" anyone in this league. On the other hand, the paying customer also wants to see the best Rangers side out there, no matter the opposition. Value for money et al.

We were missing Sheils (he's missing even when he is on the field and in any case was far from a certain starter), Moshni who was suspended and Zaliukas (who also was far from a certain starter).

So the paying customer would have seen the best Rangers team possible as far as I can see.

However my question wan't on the rights or wrongs of this but that Ally says "4 or 5" - I can count two at a stretch, probably one - to whom is he referring?

Which rule is this?

God i despise his inferiority complex and lies. Can't stand him.

Everything he says just makes me shake my head in disbelief.

Having called games off in the past, it would also be unfair on other teams. If we play Dumbarton when there is an international and have four players out, is that then fair on Cowdenbeath where we called the game off?

Quite funny how he's talking about being fair when he has 10 times the resources of everyone else.

As I intimated, it is more a technicality than a need for players. Do it now and play the game and leave yourself open for later in the season. While it might be a case-for-case decision, I would not put it beyond the authorities to whip something up as they go along. You know where we are.

As I intimated, it is more a technicality than a need for players. Do it now and play the game and leave yourself open for later in the season. While it might be a case-for-case decision, I would not put it beyond the authorities to whip something up as they go along. You know where we are.

I can't see it being a problem and a fixture pileup whilst well off top place should be the critical concern. Cancelling these games is absolutely moronic.

Cowdenbeath were in the paper, three weeks prior to any squad announcements, saying that it would be off, so the plan had already been intimated to them at that point. Fatigue will be used to excuse a loss, a draw or even a poor performance before the season is out.

Also, this notion that games would need to be played because of a precedent is absolute nonsense.