i am sure he was genuinely delighted at the ashley news. as were the likes of english.

Journalists have an economic interest.

Keevins is probably sick of the Rangers saga because he's not been able to get a handle on it and becomes even less use as a pundit/journalist than he has been over the years.

Generally they have been well out of their depth and been used as spin conduits.

Journalists have an economic interest.

Keevins is probably sick of the Rangers saga because he's not been able to get a handle on it and becomes even less use as a pundit/journalist than he has been over the years.

Generally they have been well out of their depth and been used as spin conduits.

more to do with him being a celtc fan than anything i am sure.

It's not just social media though. Tom English has been one of the main Scottish media men at the heart of a long series of anti-King rhetoric both in the printed and online press and also on BBC radio shows like Sportsound.

I have gone back and read a few of English's articles that discusses King and I don't see them as being particularly anti.

He argues that King's difficulties with the SA tax authorities should preclude him from getting a place on the board, but also states that he should invest as he has the best interest of the club at heart. He also touches upon the number of times where he could have stepped in to safeguard the club from the nefarious characters that we have seen, but, for a variety of reasons, has been unwilling or unable to do so. Seems a fair assessment given what we have witnessed in the last few years.

He was critical of the King blueprint that would involve spending millions to instantly match/overcome Celtic at the first time of asking. He described it as a return to the old guard ways of Murray and Smith. Again, I totally agree with him. Rangers need long-term sustainability and not more boom and bust. If he wishes to pump in millions, great, but it should be invested in a proper youth set-up and in beefing up the scouting department. Areas which, if done correctly, will see a future where the need for daft spending will be eradicated.

In amongst all of that he has attacked Green for his bombast and bullshit; been highly critical of the Easdales and pitied anyone who has to deal with them and stated quite categorically that Ashley is taking an interest in Rangers purely to fill his own pockets.

I don't listen to Sportsound or follow him on Twitter, so can't comment on what has been said there, but if it broadly follows his Scotsman and BBC stuff, I can see little wrong with it.

He went on a rant on Sportsound when King was last in the frame (the time before last week, I mean) that sounded extremely personal. Basically much the same content as the "rand off the radar, mendacious liar, etc." thing I posted above but really spat out with venom. As in all things to do with RFC, he comes across as balanced a lot of the time and then lets the mask slip. He has little time for the yahoos, though criticizes their excesses far more seldom as he can;t handle flak from them, though he glories in it from us. Actually he detests the "OF" to use that old phrase and thinks Scottish Football risible -this makes his career choice slightly odd....