bloody English sticking his oar in:

BBC Scotland's Tom English

Posted at 14:35

"Somebody needs to make this club [Rangers] face up to financial reality.

Maybe Rangers should start to bank with the co-op bank and get loans and overdrafts up to £32m .

Would that be facing up to financial reality Tom?

I do wonder what the exact terms of this deal are. What interest/securities are held as part of this loan? What would happen if there isn't a great uptake of shares - can Ashley really underwrite this issue given the 10% rule? Would the SFA allow him to go over the 10% as a form of special dispensation? Who exactly will take the place of Nash and Wallace.

And i am going to assume that the Wallace pay off will be paid through the loan.

An utter shambles of a club. It really worries me as to what exactly it will take to rid our club of these charlatans. Do we need to endure this for 20-odd years?? I am not going to judge King, Murray etc - but i am convinced we would not be in this position if these Rangers men had been buying shares and had worked up a holding.

I do wonder about this 10 percent rule. Is it an SFA rule ? Where is it written and is it applicable to all clubs or just for Ashley's Rangers interest.? The EPL have no rules to prevent Ashley owning Newcastle and Rangers do where did it come from?

Maybe Rangers should start to bank with the co-op bank and get loans and overdrafts up to £32m .

Would that be facing up to financial reality Tom?

The Scum will meet their reality in their next annual accounts. Then again, they may be able to sell some more of their "crown" jewells like Commons for silly money again.

The Scum will meet their reality in their next annual accounts. Then again, they may be able to sell some more of their "crown" jewells like Commons for silly money again.

They won't get silly money for Commons. His contract is up at the end of the season

The only interesting bit is that they "agreed to a share issue", which is what King wanted too. Since the Ashley backers agreed to the deal today, you would assume that they will agree to that share issue. It remains to be seen, what sort of share issue it will be and how much (or rather little) influence any investors would be able to get for their investment.

They won't invest unless they ate guaranteed control. They won't be allowed that.

No way will they put money in and rightly so.

I do wonder about this 10 percent rule. Is it an SFA rule ? Where is it written and is it applicable to all clubs or just for Ashley's Rangers interest.? The EPL have no rules to prevent Ashley owning Newcastle and Rangers do where did it come from?

Richard Wilson said on the wireless tonight that Ashley had signed an undertaking with the SFA not to increase his shares above 10% and not to have any influence on the board. Now he has already called for an EGM to remove 2 board members so it looks like he's breached that undertaking already