Richard Wilson said on the wireless tonight that Ashley had signed an undertaking with the SFA not to increase his shares above 10% and not to have any influence on the board. Now he has already called for an EGM to remove 2 board members so it looks like he's breached that undertaking already

As of yet, he's not increased his holding above 10%, has he? The option's there but I doubt we'll see any issue now.

As of yet, he's not increased his holding above 10%, has he? The option's there but I doubt we'll see any issue now.

There is nowt to stop him from entering into negotiations with the authorities where he got an increase on that 10%. If he gets his own men on the board, there would be no reason to increase his shareholding.

Richard Wilson said on the wireless tonight that Ashley had signed an undertaking with the SFA not to increase his shares above 10% and not to have any influence on the board. Now he has already called for an EGM to remove 2 board members so it looks like he's breached that undertaking already

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04mcqtc

I see nothing wrong with what he says.

I don't see anything wrong in what he said either, I do however in the context of Ashley's loan being accepted when financial sense would have dictated better offers were accepted. The comment, due its timing and forum used, was all about English delighting in King being beaten by Ashley. Of course the statement, per se, is sensible.

I don't see anything wrong in what he said either, I do however in the context of Ashley's loan being accepted when financial sense would have dictated better offers were accepted. The comment, due its timing and forum used, was all about English delighting in King being beaten by Ashley. Of course the statement, per se, is sensible.

I had no idea that English has a preference as to who is in control at Rangers. Does he have history with King? If he has made the comment based solely on what you said, then the message has a different slant to it. King's plan(s) didn't make financial sense to those that he ultimately had to persuade.

I had no idea that English has a preference as to who is in control at Rangers. Does he have history with King? If he has made the comment based solely on what you said, then the message has a different slant to it. King's plan(s) didn't make financial sense to those that he ultimately had to persuade.

He has attacked King quite ferociously in the past, his quote was made in response to the news that Ashley's bid had been accepted and some Rangers fans had just expressed their dismay. I meant more that he just likes winding us up. Whatever the Rangers fans response had been you kind of felt he was going to chip in with the opposite