It is petulant, and none of what he says is news to anyone who has followed this saga. He has been outmanoeuvred throughout the whole process and has failed to find solutions to surmount the obstacles which were staring him in the face. Yet another damp squib, I'm afraid.

Their is only so much anyone can surmount.

I think there is a lot to be read from that statement. Ashley's point blank refusal to even acknowledge King shows his arrogance, his total disregard and contempt towards our support and what powers we potentially hold in railroading his investment and merchandise sales in this country. Does he not realise (1) we won't touch his stuff for obvious reasons, (2) The Dhims won't touch his stuff because of the relationship with us, and (3) a mass walkout by the support is a show stopper in itself?

I also think the "lack of authority of the Rangers board to make decisions without reference to key shareholders who appear to be “the power behind the throne”.

statement is an indicator that he doesn't hold out hope in his dealings with the board. It's not a statement you would make if you still had hope for continued negotiations and diplomacy.

It doesn't inspire hope.

Agreed, which is all the more reason not to approach it arse about face by using Wallace and Nash, the lamest ducks on a lame duck board.

The board is all place men, lame ducks and monkeys. But you need board approval for any offer.

King can probably get board approval easily enough.

We have a lot of work to do over the next few months to regain the club. I would not be here without the support of the fans and neither would my co-investors. We are going to need to draw on your support again over the coming months.

I wonder what he has in mind.

I think there is a lot to be read from that statement. Ashley's point blank refusal to even acknowledge King shows his arrogance, his total disregard and contempt towards our support and what powers we potentially hold in railroading his investment and merchandise sales in this country. Does he not realise (1) we won't touch his stuff for obvious reasons, (2) The Dhims won't touch his stuff because of the relationship with us, and (3) a mass walkout by the support is a show stopper in itself?

I also think the "lack of authority of the Rangers board to make decisions without reference to key shareholders who appear to be “the power behind the throne”.

statement is an indicator that he doesn't hold out hope in his dealings with the board. It's not a statement you would make if you still had hope for continued negotiations and diplomacy.

It doesn't inspire hope.

Here is a brief general outline of what may be going through the minds of Irvine and Bishop.

- Ashely does deal / installs his man or men on the executive board (probably CEO)

- Spin campaign regards new era / investment / new players / competing with Celtic at the top / Champions League

- ie. Give Hope to those who need to hear it and will want to believe

- tangible sweetener to show will and create momentum / possibly a new manager

- continued spin / headlines about new players / sell STs and merchandise

Therafter

- sob stories about players who got away / need for youth

followed by the road to no-where................

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ie. They think they can spin enough gulible fans the line to keep the numbers worthwhile for SD.

Meanwhile further nurturing the division and creating the 'Real Loyal Bear' who will continue to spend their money.

Edited by buster.

The board is all place men, lame ducks and monkeys. But you need board approval for any offer.

King can probably get board approval easily enough.

Yes, he probably can, but he also knew that they were not who he had to do a deal with in order to pull it off.

Yes, he probably can, but he also knew that they were not who he had to do a deal with in order to pull it off.

The first step is board approval.

We both know it will be blocked. So does king but in reality only fan revolt will lead to change and this is vital to show how necessary that is.

Up to now we had fans telling us king hadn't offered a penny. Didn't have the cash etc. That's over with.

Where we go from here will be up to the fans.

Plus there's always the small possibility it will be accepted. It's clearly what we need and good for the club. Most shareholders will see that. Tbh I am not sure what greenco will gain from rejecting it.

I doubt Ashley will be paying them off and it's hard to see any cash left in Rangers for them.