Sounds like king wants the fans to pressure Ashley. I would organise a protest where no one enters the stadium before kickoff at the next home game with a solitary banner inside the stadium telling Ashley where to go.

It really is time for the Rangers fans to wake up and get our club back, a mass march and massive protest at the front door,a total boycott would be good but that is something we could never achieve.

Wake up? Now, after watching the club disintegrate before our eyes over the last few years?

It's a bit late for that, and mass marches aren't going to achieve anything. We're protesting too much and offering too little.

Fan ownership would cure most of our problems. If fans have to wake up to anything, they have to wake up to that.

You asked me to tell you what was new after having said yourself that there was nothing new in the statement and I think I've done that, but as for whether Dave King is really showing his hand or playing a long game, I honestly have no idea, just like most of us.

Fair enough.

looks like if the board accept the deal from ashley for the rights to the badge then legal action could follow on a few fronts.

we should already be looking at taking green for all he's got left after handing out contracts to the detriment of the club.

I agree wholeheartedly with the second part of your post, but there would need to be alternative funding available to the board in order for them to be forced to choose. If, as expected, the board do accept the current King proposal and it gets knocked back by the shareholders, he would need to return with another offer.

The guy lives in South Africa, that is where his business interests exist, that is what gives him the cash to be the only real opportunity to release our Club from the clutches of shisters and self interested profit makers.

At the moment no one else is offering us a better alternative. Easy to knock Dave King, but that is all we seem to be interested in, as a support at the moment.

I'm not knocking Dave King for trying to do something, just the way he has gone about it.

What have you done to help release the club from shysters and self-interested profit makers?

Is it not the case that a board of directors must act in the best interests of their company by law,If they don't then it could leave them open to legal action?,is the fact that King/co has offered investment mean there is no need to beg for another loan?.

I am not sure about them being open to legal action as I don't think anyone can be under obligation to accept anything that would result in a dilution of their existing shareholding.

Money is the only solution, we either put up or shut up. Moans, groans and protests are pointless. Is it not worth giving these animals what they want to get our club back? Can't the Rangers family gather together as one consortium and pay the £30/40m to get our club back. Say King pays £10m, Park £5m, SDM £5m, Lewis £5m, Letham and Murray and other supporting millionaires put up £500k each and then the average fan on the street gives what they can through official channels and we all gather together as one to get our club back. One group, one team, one family, not 2, not 3, not 4. One.

Money is the only solution here, forget protests and card displays, get the money out and let's play. It's time for the Rangers family to pay up. No more talking, ask them what they want and raise it as soon as we can.

Money is the only solution, we either put up or shut up. Moans, groans and protests are pointless. Is it not worth giving these animals what they want to get our club back? Can't the Rangers family gather together as one consortium and pay the £30/40m to get our club back. Say King pays £10m, Park £5m, SDM £5m, Lewis £5m, Letham and Murray and other supporting millionaires put up £500k each and then the average fan on the street gives what they can through official channels and we all gather together as one to get our club back. One group, one team, one family, not 2, not 3, not 4. One.

Money is the only solution here, forget protests and card displays, get the money out and let's play. It's time for the Rangers family to pay up. No more talking, ask them what they want and raise it as soon as we can.

"Moans, groans and protests are pointless." = exactly, the time for them is long past and we didn't carry them out when we should have. The present incumbents couldn't care less re our protests, as for Ashley the'd just stiffen his resolve to crush us further/squeeze the remaining bits of RFC's prostrate body for a few more drops of blood.