Until we see the accounts and the manner in what the AGM is constituted (i.e. resolutions offered to shareholders) then there's not much to add really.

I can only assume King would know the outcome of this dialogue so will have a course of action in mind to address what was always going to be an obvious block in the road.

We'll probably have to wait another 4-6 weeks before we're perhaps given more information on where we go from here. The joy!

As more fans fall away with every passing week.

As more fans fall away with every passing week.

Most probably but we are where we are.

Most fans clearly don't care about the political side and only a small minority interested in fan ownership.

That will only change if the club's future is put under serious short-term threat. We're not close enough to that (yet).

Most probably but we are where we are.

Most fans clearly don't care about the political side and only a small minority interested in fan ownership.

That will only change if the club's future is put under serious short-term threat. We're not close enough to that (yet).

The constant financial shortfalls and need for ridiculous loans and deals suggests to me we are under serious short-term threat?

How much do you think they would want to walk away? If any such takeover was doene right we wouldn't be heading for admin at all.

IMO they will never walk away as it will uncover just what has gone on.

Also IMO i question just what it is you would be buying?

The club's major income stream - the Retail if not gone is already devastated.

How much do you think they would want to walk away? If any such takeover was doene right we wouldn't be heading for admin at all.

Admin ? hasn't DK effectively closed that door for the board. To go into admin don't you need to go to court and apply proving you are unable to continue to fund the business. Administrators then get appointed who then terminate contracts, reach agreements with creditors etc, etc as we saw 2 years ago.

How could Rangers do that now if there's a £16M offer available ?

Is it just me or has DK played a rather smart move here. He knew all along he's never get Rangers via a new share issue as he'd need 75% shareholder approval(which he'd never get) and he said he isnt going to buy out existing shareholders. The board now need to raise funds and going by Wallace & Nash's efforts and that of SE too(seen with Rizvi) I'd guess not going too well. If Rangers do go to the brink again I suspect there may be a phonecall to SA

Edited by RANGERRAB

IMO they will never walk away as it will uncover just what has gone on.

Also IMO i question just what it is you would be buying?

The club's major income stream - the Retail if not gone is already devastated.

They will have to eventually, surely. We should gather as one and make them an offer they cannot refuse. Money is the only way out of this.

Obviously we would want everything.

Retail is not our main stream but it is a big one, for the term of the deal, if nothing can be done about it, it may be something we are stuck with short term. For the sake of £3m a year which we got previous. Perhaps as a "Rangers" owned Rangers, we could come up with other ways to inject any lost income into the club. Like a club related merchandise to rival Ashley and Sports direct, but with money from it going straight into the club, hopefully starving Ashley and Sports Direct out? I would buy into that, big time.

Admin ? hasn't DK effectively closed that door for the board. To go into admin don't you need to go to court and apply proving you are unable to continue to run the business. Administrators then get appointed who then terminate contracts, reach agreements with creditors etc, etc as we saw 2 years ago.

How could Rangers do that now if there's a £16M offer available ?

Is it just me or has DK played a rather smart move here. He knew all along he's never get Rangers via a new share issue as he'd need 75% shareholder approval(which he'd never get) and he said he isnt going to buy out existing shareholders. The board now need to raise funds and going by Wallace & Nash's efforts and that of SE too(seen with Rizvi) I'd guess not going too well. If Rangers do go to the brink again I suspect there may be a phonecall to SA

If it takes admin and another year in a lower league to get rid of this lot, all of them, i would take it. I believe it would be worth it.

The constant financial shortfalls and need for ridiculous loans and deals suggests to me we are under serious short-term threat?

Yes but i don't believe the average season ticket holder who doesn't have the internet or access to forums online know about the threat. These hardcore ladies and gentlemen just want to support their football team and as long as the team take the field they will be there supporting no matter who sits in the dugout or boardroom or how much is in the bank.

Edited by Super Cooper

To you and I that's obvious.

To tens of thousands of other fans, it's not and/or they don't care.

I'm not knocking Dave King for trying to do something, just the way he has gone about it.

What have you done to help release the club from shysters and self-interested profit makers?

Not much to be frank, but I support Dave King's efforts. Certain elements he has little control over, I also don't see much wrong with meeting with as many people as possible to better understand the lay of the land, including the Easdales.