Ashley takes control of Rangers intellectual property

by Alex Oliver | Contributor

Dave King’s statement tonight launched a scathing critique of what he believed to be obstructions in his attempt to seek control of Rangers Football Club.

Something which jumped out at me more than anything was the following part: "...given the present concerns from supporters that Mr Ashley is using his shareholder status to put pressure on the board to alienate the rights and trade mark of the club in favour of his personal interest."

It got me thinking, something in this area has changed since the beginning of the season. The observant will have noticed the 'scroll crest' has now taken precedence over the traditional 'Ready' crest.

Given all that has gone on and various whispers of image rights and naming rights being sold for a pittance, it would surely be naïve to suggest that it is simply re-branding. I have collated several examples of where things have changed.

CONTINUE READING... http://www.thecoplandroad.org/

There are a dozen members on the Fan Board who, if the club is genuine about openness, should be able to get the definitive answer to this within the hour.

Good point, forgot about the fans board.

There are a dozen members on the Fan Board who, if the club is genuine about openness, should be able to get the definitive answer to this within the hour.

That's like King saying he cannot see a board acticng in good faith doing otherwise than accepting.

The "if" clause, the conditional, in both cases is a non-starter

That's like King saying he cannot see a board acticng in good faith doing otherwise than accepting.

The "if" clause, the conditional, in both cases is a non-starter

Oh, I don't disagree, but the question should still be asked, even if only to prove that it is the sham which many of us believe.