Ashley takes control of Rangers intellectual property

quick question:if Ashley gets rights to the scroll crest, would Rangers need to pay him for every replica shirt that he makes with the crest on it?

No, he could just sell what he wanted with it on it.

And we'd have to pay him to use it where we needed to.

Rangers TV now use the scroll crest, where before it was simply RangersTV. I like the scroll crest, always have, and the 'Ready' badge is standard use in worldwide articles about Rangers rather than the scroll one.

So does that mean whenever the worldwide media use the 'Ready' crest Ashley makes money and Rangers don't?

If that is the case then the worldwide media will just use the scroll badge meaning that shouldn't bother us at all, Ashley would then need to get rights to the 'scroll' in order to make money for himself, so why didn't he just get the rights to that as well? All a bit of a 'non' story.

I detect a wiff of paranoia

so the lion rampant badge has been sold already

i think it's been sold long before Ashley appeared

Ashley is buying the scroll which is why it's been being given prominence lately

You only have to wonder who they sold the real badge too