Would he be due a payout when he is only there as a consultant?

No, as far as I'm aware he didn't sign a contract, the club having only a consulting agreement with his service company Lingur Ltd.

Notice period is one month by either party though I expect that'll be waived.

from FS

Not an employee just a self-employed contractor invoicing the club via Lingur Consulting Ltd.

The agreement is with The Rangers Football Club Ltd not RIFC plc but also states he will work 9am - 5pm up to a maximum 16 days or as required by the Club and RIFC.

Interestingly the contract was verbally agreed 12/12/2013 just 24 days after Somers canonisation of Stockbridge at the AGM, and commenced 8/1/2014

£1000 per day plus VAT and travel expenses.

Wallace to authorise payment of the travel expenses.

1 months notice by either party.

No bonus, no free healthcare, no car allowance, no share options.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?64640-Board-Changes&highlight=phillip+nash POST 19

20k will be horrendous.

I really mean we won't fund a non winning side. Crowds will fall fast if people don't believe we can win the league.

It won't be 20 next season mate, fans will be excited about being back in the top league, back playing Celtic again, i predict a huge rise in sales next season.

What does that say about us then mate? You make us sound like horrible arrogant glory hunters. :D

No guarantee we'll be in top division next season with our current squad and manager.

Only way to improve our chances is to get players in January. Will funds be made available and would anyone trust Ally to spend it wisely?

Only a moron would expect us to add to a wage bill we already cannot afford Rab.

Personally i wouldn't trust him with another penny, not one pence. Change him and his pals in January and this squad will win the league a little bit easier than they will with them in charge. We are still going to win it, no doubt about it.

BBC reporting Nash HAS resigned

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7913-board-changes

THE Company announces that Philip Nash has resigned from the Board of Rangers ("Board") with immediate effect.

The Board would like to thank Mr Nash for his significant contribution to the Company during what has been a particularly challenging period.