We've had fan groups and individual posters going to extraordinary lengths to explain how Rangers has been in untrustworthy hands; how the club employs people to spin news stories, how it has had financial difficulties, how inaccurate statements have come from the club, and how some of the leading figures at Rangers have been financially over-rewarded.

This is fine. It is also very welcome, but what good does it do when most of the club's critics have spent hours analysing what was wrong - but not recommending a course of action to make things better? It is easy to snipe from the sidelines, but even when this is clearly justified, if nothing is on offer other than to warn people against certain individuals and particular investors, it does not necessarily follow that the situation is going to improve.

At least some of those who will back Ashley will do so because alternative ways forward were rarely heard. Essentially, if they want to keep supporting Rangers, they will force themselves to believe in Ashley simply because he appears to be the main man.

It was one thing to highlight incompetence, greed and dishonesty, but what is a Rangers fan supposed to do with this information? In politics, people are asked not to put their trust in certain candidates, but they are offered an alternative.

What alternative did a Rangers fan have if he was persuaded not to trust Murray, Whyte, Green, the current lot and now Ashley? What did those critics of the club in recent years expect ordinary Rangers fans to do when everyone was flagged up as inappropriate?

It was right to criticise those not suitable for the positions they were in at Rangers, but when the criticism goes on endlessly and with hardly any alternatives on offer, it begins to fall on deaf ears.

Ashley is the wrong answer for Rangers, but ordinary fans will accept him because critics never agreed on a better alternative. The infatuation with 'bad guy' analysis became all-consuming.

I stopped giving them any money which they could siphon off. I'm sure others took a stand in some way. What did you do that made any difference?

You don't use your mother tongue to its full potential ... and just play that feminine role of having to say the last word, no matter how ridiculous your argument.

You may view my argument as ridiculous, but at least it is consistent. You have flip-flopped back and forth that many times that you now appear to have confused yourself.

You don't use your mother tongue to its full potential ... and just play that feminine role of having to say the last word, no matter how ridiculous your argument.

Interesting, pro Green and Whyte and anti-women. ;)

I think you will find, in any language you wish to claim as your native one, that to complain to someone that they are insisting on having the last word is an oxymoronic approach.

Edited by SteveC

I stopped giving them any money which they could siphon off? I'm sure others took a stand in some way. What did you do that made any difference?

I argued - and still do - for fan ownership, but while I can understand someone not supporting the current lot financially, others believe that they are in the wrong by withdrawing support.

I can see both sides of this coin and while I am more inclined to the position you hold, I am reluctant to criticise those who believed they were doing the right thing by propping the current lot up by continuing to attend.

When the message is constantly - don't trust them - and when the choice presented is effectively to chuck it or keep supporting - because many critics have nothing else to offer other than badmouthing various Ibrox high-ups - fans will find a way to keep doing what they instinctively want to do anyway: keep following on.

I argued - and still do - for fan ownership, but while I can understand someone not supporting the current lot financially, others believe that they are in the wrong by withdrawing support.

I can see both sides of this coin and while I am more inclined to the position you hold, I am reluctant to criticise those who believed they were doing the right thing by propping the current lot up by continuing to attend.

When the message is constantly - don't trust them - and when the choice presented is effectively to chuck it or keep supporting - because many critics have nothing else to offer other than badmouthing various Ibrox high-ups - fans will find a way to keep doing what they instinctively want to do anyway: keep following on.

I have never criticised any individual for continuing to fund them, it is their money, their choice. I have made calls on here for the regime to be starved out, but I am well aware of how insignificant that gesture is. I have found my own particular solution to the situation, however unpalatable that is, others will need to do likewise. Nobody will make the wrong choice.

Interesting, pro Green and Whyte and anti-women. ;)

I think you will find, in any language you wish to claim as your native one, that to complain to someone that they are insisting on having the last word is an oxymoronic approach.

Ach well, I was just quicker taking this to the next playground level before Rangeritis could steal that march as well ... guckstdu.gif

And, BTW, I'd use the word "pro" not in the context of Whyte. The "anti"-faction made an art of portraying it that way and thus cleanly attempted to polarized this board. When, in fact, much of what was written was not exactly "pro" Whyte, but more "not against him" at the time. But that topic has been done a few times by now and we have more pressing issues at hand than debating what posters think or thought of fellow posters.

So we should just hand over our cash because the ****s refuse to give up.

No thanks

How long will this petulant ill thought out boycott last? They ain't going anywhere. Will the support you have for the club you love be reserved solely for online forums from now on? If others do that the club suffer even more and there will be no chance of ever competing with Celtic or doing anything on the park. It will be a slow painful decline back into provincial mediocrity.