I've had a lawyer's letter for posters inferring certain directors are less than honest. Ashley was also prepared to go to court if his loan wasn't accepted.

You can't tell me these people would allow negative comments about the retail side of the club and SD's business to go unchallenged if they weren't true.

Of course i could just like all the other scaremongering from the outspoken and now defeated fans groups. Time for them to get back to Ibrox and support their team.

I wouldn't dream of defending our cost base, it's repugnant.

I would like to know, why only £2m? Why not loan us £10m? If he genuinely had our best interests at heart, why not loan us enough to see us to next season? £2m is not a lot to a club like ours, it's basically pennies.

The £2m is merely to get us to the AGM whereupon a share issue on Ashley's terms will be put to shareholders.

It will obviously be under-subscribed so he'll underwrite it to ensure he's the main beneficiary out of any further dilutions but perhaps still low enough to keep him under 30% to avoid having to make an ownership bid. Add in the Greenco bloc and Laxey and they have well over 51% after the fact anyway.

I wouldn't dream of defending our cost base, it's repugnant.

I would like to know, why only £2m? Why not loan us £10m? If he genuinely had our best interests at heart, why not loan us enough to see us to next season? £2m is not a lot to a club like ours, it's basically pennies.

Who in their right mind would believe he had our best interests at heart?

Of course i could just like all the other scaremongering from the outspoken and now defeated fans groups. Time for them to get back to Ibrox and support their team.

So they don't like personal comments but are happy for lies about their businesses to go unchallenged?

I'm afraid none of us have the right to tell other fans what to do - doesn't matter if we go ourselves or not and back the board/manager or not. That's a personal choice for everyone and clearly tens of thousands of people have decided they're fed up enough with the omnishambles not to pay £20 every other Saturday.

Let's see what Ashley does to change that as so far no-one else has been capable.

That ain't convincing me, no matter how much i trust FS. We should wait for the accounts i think.

It appears MASH Holdings loan us 2M, secured on our assets and gaining influence in the boardrooms of TRFC and RIFC, whilst Rangers Retail (under Sports Direct financial control) are not releasing similar sums of money supposedly due to us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Within the companies house document SH01 (Return of Allotment of Shares) dated 27/11/12, it states:

"the company may, by unanimous consent of the directors declare dividends on A shares and B shares" *

So back at the end of June this year:

- you have Rangers scrambling around looking for money with Graham Wallace and Philip Nash at the forefront.

- you had a balance of 2,720,000 sitting in the accounts but unreleased that related to Rangers Retail Ltd.

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/12067610.html

- Rangers hold 51% of the Rangers Retail joint venture, Sports Direct 49% *

- Graham Wallace and Phillip Nash represented Rangers on the Rangers Retail board of directors.

So you have GW and PN, directors of the retail operation unable to source funds from joint venture that would correspond with our 51% stakeholding.

Suggests that other Rangers Retail Limited director(s) (from Sports Direct) didn't want to release it.

You could take it back to Feburary with nearly the same situation when we needed to take out a short term loan financed against assets.

Only that Nash wasn't yet on the Rangers Retail board and the total figure sitting in the accounts but unreleased was around 1,850,000 pounds.

* Rangers Retail Ltd

SD have 49% in 'A' class shares which count double in any votes regarding financial matters.

RIFC have 51%, in 'B' class shares

Effectively SD control the joint venture.

They are far from defeated SC, I've said they should talk to Ashley's representatives, but i agree they should keep their guard up. There's a protest at Ibrox tonight, if i can get some cover for this afternoon i'll be up for the game and the protest. If Ashley can tell us he's going to treat Rangers as an equal partner in his Sports Direct division and not just treat the club as a cash cow. Them i'm all for dropping hostilities, but we need some threat of action or we as a club will be trampled on imo.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

They are far from defeated SC, I've said they should talk to Ashley's representatives, but i agree they should keep their guard up. There's a protest at Ibrox tonight, if i can get some cover for this afternoon i'll be up for the game and the protest. If Ashley can tell us he's going to treat Rangers as an equal partner in his Sports Direct division and not just treat the club as a cash cow. Them i'm all for dropping hostilities, but we need some threat of action or we as a club will be trampled on imo.

What sort of cash cow? We were told there is no money in Scottish football, the game is f*cked, why would anyone invest in us or anyone else? etc etc. Well Ashley is here, why? What can this multi-billionaire possibly gain from bleeding dry a wee club from Scotland? We are loose change to him. The club has been trampled on for the last 15 years and fans have done nothing. These wee protests do nothing and serve no purpose. They are embarrassing. You want to make a difference? You want the club to take you serious? Make them listen to the fans? Then dig deep and make these people an offer for the club they can't refuse. Money is the only solution here.

Scaremongering? How can you use that word after all that has happened! You're sounding like DB!

I'm not mate, i'm just, once again, getting sick to the back teeth of all the shite and negativity flying around about the club and whoever sits in the directors box. Yes we have been badly run, yes we have had a hard time of it, yes we are a mess right now but jesus christ, some of the stuff being said and alleged etc etc is pissing me off, it's actually turning against those spouting it. The scaremongering in the last few days, from the crest nonsense to Ashley using our own money to loan us. It's just one after another, all the time.

What sort of cash cow? We were told there is no money in Scottish football, the game is f*cked, why would anyone invest in us or anyone else? etc etc. Well Ashley is here, why? What can this multi-billionaire possibly gain from bleeding dry a wee club from Scotland? We are loose change to him. The club has been trampled on for the last 15 years and fans have done nothing. These wee protests do nothing and serve no purpose. They are embarrassing. You want to make a difference? You want the club to take you serious? Make them listen to the fans? Then dig deep and make these people an offer for the club they can't refuse. Money is the only solution here.

He's already milking Rangers merchandise and retail section, under his Sports Direct banner. If he wasn't making money already, and saw the real possibility to make much more i doubt he would touch us with a barge pole. He has got off to a bad start with the support because of his cheap naming rights and retail deal, if he (Sports Direct ) wants our financial input buying from his outlets, then i think the onus is on him telling the support his plans for the club. If no dialogue is forthcoming then i think we are correct to treat him with mistrust. Obliviously it would be preferable if the support were told the facts as he sees it, rather than blowing smoke up our arses again like Whyte and Green did, my arse couldn't take it any more as it's developed a cough, there's only so many times you can say "more tea vicar" and get away with it.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

If he tells us his plans, Celtic will know what they need to do to keep us at arms length from them. I don't want to hear them, i want to see them in action. Do the new FFP rules apply to us? If they do then revenue is going to be crucial and will determine whether we can ever again compete with Celtic again.

Edited by Super Cooper