McCoist given job assurances and delighted with Ashley involvement

"The news of Mike's involvement is good news. Of course it is good news. I've said all along the club needs investment."

"Change is always a concern but I have been told that this change is moving the club forward, which is absolutely fantastic."

Sometimes I just wish he would just 'shut the fridge door'. What would have been wrong with "I leave that side of things to the board. I concentrate on things on the park"? Unless it was a 'hostage' scenario and he was under strict instruction.

"investment" ? I suggest you go read investopedia Ally for a definition of investment.

It is a LOAN. Ashley gets two Board members, in essence making him de facto owner of the club, he gets security over two physical assets of the club should his loan not be repaid, he also gets to manage the underwriting of a further share issue.

Ally, FYI, that isn't an investment - it is grabbing us by the balls and squeezing fairly tightly.

Frankie, I'm not even liking the use of the word investment in the thread title.

"investment" ? I suggest you go read investopedia Ally for a definition of investment.

It is a LOAN. Ashley gets two Board members, in essence making him de facto owner of the club, he gets security over two physical assets of the club should his loan not be repaid, he also gets to manage the underwriting of a further share issue.

Ally, FYI, that isn't an investment - it is grabbing us by the balls and squeezing fairly tightly.

Frankie, I'm not even liking the use of the word investment in the thread title.

My mistake, boss... :whistle:

Some quotes from Ally's lunchtime press conference.

"Having spoken to David Somers and Sandy Easdale, they have confirmed to me that they want me to continue my job as Rangers manager and to concentrate my thoughts on the game tomorrow night."

"The news of Mike's involvement is good news. Of course it is good news. I've said all along the club needs investment."

"Change is always a concern but I have been told that this change is moving the club forward, which is absolutely fantastic."

"Graham (Wallace) was great to work with and was 100 per cent committed to taking the club forward."

Ally McCoist is a disgrace.

My mistake, boss... :whistle:

Nah, I'm just frustrated at the circus we have become. Maybe that would be a good way of increasing revenue "roll up, roll up, the Rangers Football Club circus is in town for two nights only". money-spinner.

Andy Devlin ‏@AndyDev28 2m2 minutes ago

BREAKING: Sandy Easdale due at Ibrox shortly for crunch talks with Ally McCoist. The Rangers boss could be hours from the sack.

That's from this morning and 4 or 5 hours late. :D

But McCoist claims he has been given assurances by the plc chairman David Somers and Sandy Easdale – chairman of the club’s football board – that he will not be replaced. Speaking ahead of Tuesday night’s League Cup quarter-final with St Johnstone, the club’s record scorer said: “Having spoken to both gentlemen, they have confirmed to me that they want me to continue my job as Rangers manager and, as you would expect, to concentrate my thoughts on the game tomorrow night.”

Aye, very good Ally. A corporate crook who has helped steal millions from us and a barely sentient Port Glasgow ned who thinks he's a proper Soprano's gangster = "gentlemen".

Ally went on to be pleased re Ashley. Just like he was pleased to be bestest pals with Wallace...and before that Green...and before that Whyte. All of them Ally's bestest pals.

Ally was a hero of mine for most of my life, now he just makes me feel sick....or do you think he's being ironic? Of course it would be lovely but it'd have to be post post post modernist irony given the other quotes re Ashley