McCoist given job assurances and delighted with Ashley involvement

With tensions running high within the Rangers Support and with Ashley loan offer etc being accepted by the board, they are not daft enough to sack McCoist today.

I think though McCoist will last till the end of the season as long we are in a position to winning the league, if were not i fear he will be gone.

I'm not sure what people are expecting Ally to say. The guy earns a huge amount of money managing Rangers so he's not going to jeopardise that by criticising any new regime.

Generally McCoist's opinion stopped mattering when he accepted penny shares from Charles Green. I'm not saying that last few years have been easy for him - in fact some of the situations he's been placed in have been truly desperate and his advisers are also worthy of criticism - but from that moment he put money above principle.

I'm not sure what people are expecting Ally to say. The guy earns a huge amount of money managing Rangers so he's not going to jeopardise that by criticising any new regime.

Generally McCoist's opinion stopped mattering when he accepted penny shares from Charles Green. I'm not saying that last few years have been easy for him - in fact some of the situations he's been placed in have been truly desperate and his advisers are also worthy of criticism - but from that moment he put money above principle.

He should say nothing. Sick of him.

Guest JCDBigBear
But McCoist claims he has been given assurances by the plc chairman David Somers and Sandy Easdale – chairman of the club’s football board – that he will not be replaced. Speaking ahead of Tuesday night’s League Cup quarter-final with St Johnstone, the club’s record scorer said: “Having spoken to both gentlemen, they have confirmed to me that they want me to continue my job as Rangers manager and, as you would expect, to concentrate my thoughts on the game tomorrow night.”

Aye, very good Ally. A corporate crook who has helped steal millions from us and a barely sentient Port Glasgow ned who thinks he's a proper Soprano's gangster = "gentlemen".

Ally went on to be pleased re Ashley. Just like he was pleased to be bestest pals with Wallace...and before that Green...and before that Whyte. All of them Ally's bestest pals.

Ally was a hero of mine for most of my life, now he just makes me feel sick....or do you think he's being ironic? Of course it would be lovely but it'd have to be post post post modernist irony given the other quotes re Ashley

How is Somers a corporate crook and how has he helped steal millions from us?

He picks and chooses what to say and when to say it. His antics at the press conference a few weeks back were pathetic.

How is Somers a corporate crook and how has he helped steal millions from us?

He became our chairman a year ago with the words: "my task now is to strengthen the board to the level that Rangers Football Club deserves"

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that this did not mean the shambles that was to follow, the lies and deceit over the period leading up to the AGM, the AGM and the fall out. This cost the club millions, on his watch, (it's not many months since we were told we were financially stable and anyone worrying about our cashflow was an ignorant troublemaker, he'd been our chairman for months at this point and went along with that without a murmur. He was also our chairman as we lost the Ibrox crest, pitch-side advertising and stadium naming rights. What kind of chairman allows this? A crooked one, He has aided in grand scale theft that we know about, far less whatever it is they are desperate no-one gets to see in the accounts for the last year. I take it too that "deserves" did not mean taking Ashley's offer with ruinous strings and board members appointments attached rather than Kennedy's 50% larger one without said conditions*?

Call him a gentleman if you want to but I call him in the light of what he has done, In any case, I note you don't dispute the other one, so "gentlemen" is still a misnomer in your eyes too, I take it.

EDIT: * Or without the same ones, at least, I have since learnt

Edited by SteveC
later info

"investment" ? I suggest you go read investopedia Ally for a definition of investment.

It is a LOAN. Ashley gets two Board members, in essence making him de facto owner of the club, he gets security over two physical assets of the club should his loan not be repaid, he also gets to manage the underwriting of a further share issue.

Ally, FYI, that isn't an investment - it is grabbing us by the balls and squeezing fairly tightly.

Frankie, I'm not even liking the use of the word investment in the thread title.

are you mystic Meg.........................my mind is being read when I log on in here

He became our chairman a year ago with the words: "my task now is to strengthen the board to the level that Rangers Football Club deserves"

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that this did not mean the shambles that was to follow, the lies and deceit over the period leading up to the AGM, the AGM and the fall out. This cost the club millions, on his watch, (it's not many months since we were told we were financially stable and anyone worrying about our cashflow was an ignorant troublemaker, he'd been our chairman for months at this point and went along with that without a murmer. He wa also our chairman as we lost the Ibrox crest, pitchside advertising and stadium naming rights. What kind of chairman allows this? A crooked one, He has aided in grand scale theft that we know about, far less whatever it is they are desperate no-one gets to see in the accounts for the last year. I take it too that "deserves" did not mean taking Ashley's offer with ruinous strings and board members appointments attached rather than Kennedy's 50% larger one without said conditions?

Call him a gentleman if you want to but I call him in the light of what he has done, In any case, I note you don't dispute the other one, so "gentlemen" is still a misnomer in your eyes too, I take it.

The man is an incompetent buffoon who has not done one positive thing for the club.