Kevin Keegan lays into Ashley and Llambias

Great post mate. Keegan (what a footballer! I'd have him here in a heartbeat as manager also) is no mug so it's hard to dismiss his comments. Pretty damning stuff.

Wey hey.............let the good times roll! Heavy sarcasm there people, sorry about that (not the Kevin Keegan stuff obviously).

Edited by TheWee BlueDevil
Fear that sarcastic part may be misinterpreted.

e66297f4322cfcb24e7abb67024c2ea0_normal.jpegAndy Newport @AndyNewportPA · 43m43 minutes ago

Just spoke to Derek Llambias at Glasgow Airport. He didn't want to say to much but he did say the following: "Mike Ashley has got a great..

track record but I can't give you any comment. I'd love to but I can't." He added: "I've been invited up here to have discussions with the..

board and I'm one of many applicants but I'm sorry, I can't give you any more than that. I'm here until [the board] need to see me."

Kevin Keegan lays into Ashley and Llambias ... uploaded December 2010. (just for reference)

He added: "I've been invited up here to have discussions with the..

board and I'm one of many applicants but I'm sorry, I can't give you any more than that. I'm here until [the board] need to see me."

Who is he trying to hoax here? Ain't it Ashley's club and 2 directors of his choice anyway? Has the board any "real" say in the choice of CEO and FD? More like trying to keep face ...

Well, well ... so much for interviews

from The telegraph online:

Derek Llambias will be confirmed as Rangers’ latest chief executive – the fifth man to hold the post in two years – to inaugurate what is bound to become known as the Mike Ashley era at Ibrox.

Llambias, formerly Ashley’s managing director at Newcastle United, flew to Glasgow in the wake of the announcement to the stock exchange that Graham Wallace, the previous chief executive, had resigned.

As Telegraph Sport disclosed, Wallace was not willing to quit of his own accord, even when Phillip Nash, the finance director, walked out on Friday, but a settlement was reached with the outgoing chief executive on Sunday which also removed the need to hold the extraordinary general meeting requested by Ashley specifically to remove the pair. Ashley’s requisition for the meeting was withdrawn on Monday after the latest events in Govan, which saw him provide a soft loan of £2 million and fend off an attempted takeover by the former Ibrox director Dave King, plus a late offer of emergency loan funding by Sale Sharks owner, Brian Kennedy.

Calls for a boycott of the Scottish League Cup tie at Ibrox between Rangers and St Johnstone on Tuesday night continue to be made by the Sons of Struth, the fringe group of dissident fans who staged disruptive flashmob protests this month at a Sports Direct store and also a neighbouring Cruise shop, both part of retail chains owned by Ashley. What response they will get to their latest call remains to be seen but their principal target is Sandy Easdale, the Rangers football board chairman, whom they accuse of blocking investors such as King and Kennedy.

However, the dissenters might have achieved an unintended consequence. During the power struggles last week it was suggested to the Daily Telegraph that Ashley was determined to tighten his grip on Ibrox because he had been infuriated by the disruption to his shops on a busy Saturday lunchtime. The action can hardly have instigated Ashley’s manoeuvres – those began in earnest last month when his first offer of a loan was blocked by Nash and Wallace because he wanted the rights to Rangers’ crest and trademark – but insiders have indicated that he was provoked by the SoS actions into a heightened level of determination to have his way and again when he heard about Kennedy’s 11th-hour intervention on Friday.