There's not really.

Certainly not enough that we can agree on in a general sense and, even if we do, Ashley will bash on regardless.

We need to get together as a support and stop accepting and funding anything less than the best.

This wouldn't be happening if the 22k had not renewed and we're Instead going game by game.

This debacle, which still isn't over, has taken its toll on the club and support. There will be a price to pay for being out of the top division for at least three years; for having a team that is world-class only in the way that it bores people, for having ownership that isn't trusted, for having a new dictator who seems remote and somewhat less than open about his plans, and for retaining a manager who is widely perceived to be not good enough.

Rangers has lost fans for all the above reasons, and even if better days come along, many have had enough. They will not be back.

Someone should do a survey in the schools in and around Glasgow. What percentage of school-age youngsters support Rangers? I suspect that a larger number than ever before will express a preference for an English or continental team. The landscape has changed and young impressionable people will just as easily follow Barcelona or Real Madrid from their bedroom as Rangers from Ibrox.

While we wonder about the plans of Mike Ashley, or indeed anyone else who turns up in the Rangers boardroom, we should be aware that it is quite likely that Rangers has peaked as a football club and Scottish institution.

If we were a coherent football club, we could win people back, but we aren't and we're not likely to be any time soon. In the modern era, Rangers is not the attraction it once was. Something groundbreaking will need to occur to turn things around. When the fog eventually lifts at Ibrox, the view may be one of open spaces and empty blue seats.

We need to get together as a support and stop accepting and funding anything less than the best.

This wouldn't be happening if the 22k had not renewed and we're Instead going game by game.

We have stopped funding.

Ashley has been the alternative.

I wonder what Deloitte think of all this. Given the current rate of cash burn, £2m short term finance that needs to be repaid at a time when our cashflow will be at its lowest point, does not make for a going concern.

Talk of a share issue is all well and good but when you've only just failed to persuade existing shareholders to take up a £4m issue, why would we necessarily sell out a £10m one, regardless if its available to anyone and everyone.

OK, Ashley may well underwrite the share issue, but are we under any illusions that this will happen over night? Meanwhile we limp on.

Something will have to happen before early next year. A share issue just seems the most likely but that will depend on the SFA.

Even then, I'm sure Ashley would get round any shareholding rule they want to raise that easily enough.

This debacle, which still isn't over, has taken its toll on the club and support. There will be a price to pay for being out of the top division for at least three years; for having a team that is world-class only in the way that it bores people, for having ownership that isn't trusted, for having a new dictator who seems remote and somewhat less than open about his plans, and for retaining a manager who is widely perceived to be not good enough.

Rangers has lost fans for all the above reasons, and even if better days come along, many have had enough. They will not be back.

Someone should do a survey in the schools in and around Glasgow. What percentage of school-age youngsters support Rangers? I suspect that a larger number than ever before will express a preference for an English or continental team. The landscape has changed and young impressionable people will just as easily follow Barcelona or Real Madrid from their bedroom as Rangers from Ibrox.

While we wonder about the plans of Mike Ashley, or indeed anyone else who turns up in the Rangers boardroom, we should be aware that it is quite likely that Rangers has peaked as a football club and Scottish institution.

If we were a coherent football club, we could win people back, but we aren't and we're not likely to be any time soon. In the modern era, Rangers is not the attraction it once was. Something groundbreaking will need to occur to turn things around. When the fog eventually lifts at Ibrox, the view may be one of open spaces and empty blue seats.

Much as I agree with most of what you've said I suspect that the numbers would swell on the same curve as our on field progress did. I don't expect the singular "groundbreaking " event to happen so much as a series of minor tectonic events but then again I don't think anybody or any group who've courted ownership of the club had the ambition or capacity to initiate the kind of groundbreaking change we would like to see.

A more holistic view of Scottish Football and it's decline has to acknowledge the feckless stewardship of the SPL/SPFL and SFA who've allowed it's stock and profile to become so badly diminished as to be irrelevant. If Ashley has a grand plan to develop Sports Direct via development of a Scottish Football club I'd suggest he starts with the clowns running the game.

The king has no clothes. The fans are the clothes.....we can withhold them

I don't see it doing any good.

1) Not everyone will agree to boycott. Tonight's attendance would be low anyway, Tuesday night, on terrestrial TV, fear if we do win we are setting up a humiliation from them

2) Even if everyone did, or a large number did, opposition just makes Ashley more determined to get his way, it would seem from his history. His one wobble, the amazing 1600 word open letter re getting out of Newcastle followed by him saying on Sky he hadn't a clue how to run a football club (that'd be a good tape to get our hand s on btw! Though I guess he'd say he's learnt how to in the 5 and a half years since)