Billionaire Sugar Daddy hits Rangers

This is not a joke - It has hit us.

What's a sugar daddy doing with a football club anyway? I only look at all the English Premier club owners then I wake up.

Obviously for the same reason as all over Europe Rangers now find themselves under the vice grip of a billionaire. Happy days - or is it?

Bad or good? Will we disappear in doomsday with all the clubs who've went down the sugar daddy route?

I want this just because it can only mean success if only in the short term but we as fans have witnessed worse scenarios more than most?

We have a duty as supporters...follow, follow no excuses.

This is not a joke - It has hit us.

What's a sugar daddy doing with a football club anyway? I only look at all the English Premier club owners then I wake up.

Obviously for the same reason as all over Europe Rangers now find themselves under the vice grip of a billionaire. Happy days - or is it?

Bad or good? Will we disappear in doomsday with all the clubs who've went down the sugar daddy route?

I want this just because it can only mean success if only in the short term but we as fans have witnessed worse scenarios more than most?

We have a duty as supporters...follow, follow no excuses.

Hmmmm.......

Would you call a SugarDaddy, someone that has his men in Rangers Retail retain money due to the club at times of critical financial hardship ?

And then takes advantage to grab power for buttons, that he'll want back. ?

Ashley being a billionaire means not one thing for Rangers - unless he were to open his pockets and INVEST in the Club..... not the David Somers "It's good to have investment" type investment, which is actually a LOAN and no investment at all.... but a REAL investment - purchasing shares in the club or simply investing with no repayment strings attached.

I don't have a pot to piss in but my "investment" of $300 a year for my online subscription is more of an investment in the Club than the 2 million loan Ashley just provided.

Being a billionaire means nought - what you do with that money is what would constitute being a sugar daddy or not.

Ashley being a billionaire means not one thing for Rangers - unless he were to open his pockets and INVEST in the Club..... not the David Somers "It's good to have investment" type investment, which is actually a LOAN and no investment at all.... but a REAL investment - purchasing shares in the club or simply investing with no repayment strings attached.

I don't have a pot to piss in but my "investment" of $300 a year for my online subscription is more of an investment in the Club than the 2 million loan Ashley just provided.

Being a billionaire means nought - what you do with that money is what would constitute being a sugar daddy or not.

Ashley being a billionaire is as relevant to us as Craig Whyte being a pretend one.

Aye !

David will soon be looking for more investment so as to pay back this investment.

He isn't a sugar daddy but he shouldn't even need to pump millions and millions in, hopefully he has sensible investment planned

Well he has loaned the Club money, some seem to think, or rather want the Support to think, this is investment.

He won't invest a single penny in Rangers, you only need to look at NUFC to see how Rangers will be governed during his reign.

Under Ashley at NUFC;

They've been relegated, they've undermind/sacked a number of popular manager and appointed an unpopular manager with a dubious track record, they've sold all their "stars" and embarked on a Celtic-ish race to the bottom where it's "sell sell sell" and replace with cheap imports that might/might not work.

The question needs to be "why Rangers?"

He could sell every NUFC player for £50m+, finish bottom of the PL and still make more money than he'd get from us winning the CL!! (Which won't happen)

He's going to rebrand us, rebrand our stadium and use it as a springboard to launch SD in Europe. It is the only logical conclusion that can be sought.