Yes and that's happened thanks to constant complaints.

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire especially over something genuinely offensive like this

Which will result in even more Rangers fans getting caught in the tit for tat crossfire....more lives ruined to satisfy the bloodlust of sad wee folk like yourself who are making the jobs of the coppers and the SNP legislators even easier.

Which will result in even more Rangers fans getting caught in the tit for tat crossfire....more lives ruined to satisfy the bloodlust of sad wee folk like yourself who are making the jobs of the coppers and the SNP legislators even easier.

The old Divide and Conquer (or at least get less organised grief).

We in many ways, are our own worst enemies.

Modern Society is generally ever more stupid and supine at heart.

Years of dignified silence and rising above what the other side was doing really never got us anywhere though did it?

Years of dignified silence and rising above what the other side was doing really never got us anywhere though did it?

And made us an easy target in the process.Our enemies thought they could get away with it. And generally they did.

What the fuck are you talking about? How does any of that tired, clichéd nonsense relate to a daft young boy winding people up on social media?

What the fuck are you talking about? How does any of that tired, clichéd nonsense relate to a daft young boy winding people up on social media?

Had that young boy been a Rangers supporter making similar such comments about our detractors and their like you can be sure it would be seen in a different light by the mhedia and their flock.

As unsavoury as it is and as offensive as it is... it was very clearly a joke.

For someone to have their career threatened over it is PC gone mad.

Can we not get back to banter where this type of stuff would generally be written off as "nice one".

I do understand that this cuts to the quick of those genuinely impacted by the events that fateful day - but all too many jump on the perennially offended banfwagon and want people hung, drawn and quartered for something which was originally intended as light hearted humour.

Livingston produced an official programme that was inaccurate and damaging. The football authorities should have been all over it like a rash, but of course nothing seems to have happened.

Rangers have complained officially, so we are told, so we'll see what happens. This is something that we are right to take seriously.

Tasteless tweets, though - that's a bit different. I don't believe the tweeter should lose his job or be prosecuted. We are reaching a stage where people take offence at just about anything, as though they possess a divine morality and anything that doesn't fit with their world view is automatically objectionable.

People should find themselves in bother for threatening behaviour, but not tasteless comments.

I have been in amongst Man City fans at Old Trafford (they won 5-1!) when they were all singing the Munich Disaster song. That was some quarter of a century ago but I've heard it since and from Liverpool and Leeds fans too. I think there's a difficulty for those of us at a certain age regarding not being hypocritical here....I don't know about younger folk but I'd be interested in knowing if no-one makes such tasteless jokes nowadays. "Sick humour" is pretty established in the UK. I remember jokes re individuals from Natalie Wood to Princess Di , from horrific illnesses and disasters from Thalidomide to Tsunami (a joke I heard 20 times that day lost Rodney Marsh his job),

It's a minefield of an area, this.