he's no doubt summing up the feelings of fans about their clubs around Britain. The difficulty for us is that the club is utterly dependent on our money: I'm sure the EPL teams bring in enough to manage with barely any attendance at all but that's clearly not an option for us. Ashley will either realise that or get bored and go off to screw over some other club.

Great read Frankie! :tu:

I think Donald Findlay inadvertently raises an interesting point with his use of the word 'entity' because while Rangers is still regarded by the football authorities, legal eagles and most sensible people as the same football Club with it's full history intact, it's also technically a different 'entity' in a corporate sense because TRFC LTD was incorporated on 29/05/2012 and RIFC PLC was incorporated on 16/11/2012.

It's that technical contradiction which was always going to be problematic for us and which gives our enemies undeniable ammunition to bombard us with because they can't win the 'new club' argument, but they certainly do have a case in the 'corporate entity' department.

I think Donald Findlay inadvertently raises an interesting point with his use of the word 'entity' because while Rangers is still regarded by the football authorities, legal eagles and most sensible people as the same football Club with it's full history intact, it's also technically a different 'entity' in a corporate sense because TRFC LTD was incorporated on 29/05/2012 and RIFC PLC was incorporated on 16/11/2012.

It's that technical contradiction which was always going to be problematic for us and which gives our enemies undeniable ammunition to bombard us with because they can't win the 'new club' argument, but they certainly do have a case in the 'corporate entity' department.

Only those who actually hate the club and/or its support would actually try to play that fiddle though (it's gone long past "banter" by now). Any half-decent supporter would get on and be done with it. One would have to go to Italy and check out how the Tifosi treat Fiorentina these days.

Only those who actually hate the club and/or its support would actually try to play that fiddle though (it's gone long past "banter" by now). Any half-decent supporter would get on and be done with it. One would have to go to Italy and check out how the Tifosi treat Fiorentina these days.

We can't deny any of the actual facts dB, which are:

Same club? Yes.

Different companies? Yes.

We can't deny any of the actual facts dB, which are:

Same club? Yes.

Different companies? Yes.

And let's not forget our chums from the east end have in fact got 3 companies on the go: shellik plc,shellik FC ltd and the shellik football and athletic company ltd.

What i read into Donald's article was a Bear simply trying to exercise a few of his demons and frustrations at what;s happening to the club he has supported.

Nothing stays the same forever, change is normal, though not all change is for the better. I can remember my old man saying during our NIAR, "Rangers are not the same club". I tried to explain to him Caldow, Shearer, Brand didn't play in a 4-4-2, I had an idea what he was meaning but couldn't fully get my head round it.

It wasn't till he died a few years ago, then again last year when my wee brother died that i fully understood what he was talking about. A little bit of the magic goes out the game when you lose someone who you went to Ibrox with for years. You still go along cheer, sing, shout like mad, whatever, but there's a piece missing it's not the same, but i can remember what is was like, my dad, my brother, Grieg, Cooper, Souness, Gazza, Super Ally, Walter. That's part of the draw and the allure for me.

Donald has lost his Rangers, but our Rangers are still there, still fighting. Ok some of the standards have gone, the football is not as good, the players are not as good, but it's still our team, It's the same club, although the people running it are not our people, change will come again some day and that Wig type will be gone. Some body will no-doubt then complain "Rangers are no the same club now" great that means things have changed again and in my mind it will be for the better.

My name is aweebluesoandso i'm an Rangers addict till i die.

When DF talks about Rangers being a new entity that needs to create its own history, he's not talking about the company - he's talking about the club.

I fully understand why people feel as they do, and I have no issue with people abandoning the club as it now is, but whether or not it feels like the old club, it actually is the club of old and DF's ill-chosen remarks have undermined the efforts of all those fans who have challenged broadcasters, journalists and programmes writers who have been happy to tell the world that Rangers is a new club.

When DF talks about Rangers being a new entity that needs to create its own history, he's not talking about the company - he's talking about the club.

I fully understand why people feel as they do, and I have no issue with people abandoning the club as it now is, but whether or not it feels like the old club, it actually is the club of old and DF's ill-chosen remarks have undermined the efforts of all those fans who have challenged broadcasters, journalists and programmes writers who have been happy to tell the world that Rangers is a new club.

I think you are overly focusing on semantics. The general point he is making is exactly the point you regularly make.

The question about being a new club or not has been answered many times by those whose opinion matters I.e. the football authorities & the law lords. It is not a new club that is clear. Its history continued when it's legal entity changed.

I'd have thought Donald Findlay would have known that. Maybe he should stick to criminal law as his knowledge of corporate law is clearly lacking somewhat.