I'd hazard a guess at the context at which you mean change is totally different to Gunslinger's. The Rangers I grew up watching had a wee bit of class and was the envy of Scotland. That was no different to my old man or his. The Rangers we're watching, because of Green and co, has little class left and is generally the laughing stock of Scottish Football. Quite an achievement when we're in the company of terrorist loving, peado harbourers.

Dunno, but when I joined the legions - from behind the Iron Curtain - roundabout 1983/84, right up till SDM arrived ... where they the envy of Scotland? Maybe I'm mistaken here, but the giant was in hibernation since roundabout 1978, if the record books don't lie. You do wonder whether the punters had that many glorious memories of that era, the home attendance figures tell their own story. While many would still hold their scarf up high and proud, you'd have to reconsider that "laughing stock" statement of above - at least when it comes to the football side of things back then.

We all knew what would come our way thanks to Whyte, we all knew how long it would take and how painful it would be. I would still say that the "Hollywood stuff" surrounding the board aside, not too many laugh about Rangers even these days - scoffing opposition supporters aside too (we did not care about them then, so why would we now?).

For at the end of the day, they'll check the fact files and see two straight promotions, a Scottish Cup semi-final and a straight third promotion on the horizon, with us still involved in three cup competitions too. That is as cold light of day stuff for the rest of the world as is our cold light of day "dire football" on the park every week. The pendulum does not solely swing in one direction and rest assured, most people over here admire the club for getting back where they belong in as short a time as possible. When you come on here and say: look, we had NIAR, more silverware than 10 other teams do not collect in their whole existence, and European nights galore - good or bad, that's not all gone away because of admin", a host of doomsingers* will rear their heads and speak of the heinous acts SDM committed and what price we had to pay for his or their sins etc. pp.. Let's embroil ourselves in another gloomy debate about the sins that lead to Whyte and whatnot while feeling ever more down and sick and guilty! And tell to each other long enough that e.g. SDM was bad and did naughty stuff and we all only had ourselves to blame etc.. Well, if some want to follow that path and end up with only an apocalypse future to look forward to, so be it. As far as I am concerned, we had a really glorious patch of night 2 decades of greatness and fine memories galore. Since 2011 the straits have narrowed considerably, yet, at the end of the day, neither have those memories of the past been extinguished, nor will the present and the future remain as dire as it is now - no matter how ofter the doomsingers will try to tell us. We might have to endure another year or two** in dire straits ere we are anywhere near the status we had in 1987 and beyond. I fully understand that in that nexus of Scottish media and football, you will 100% get the impression that Rangers have fallen from grace and committed heinous acts and all the niceties that we have had these last three years. Yet, if you remove yourself from that even by a yard or two, Rangers' fall was just the blink of an eye in a) their history and b) for the world of football. The next "blink" will be their re-emergence in the top tier (much like Fiorentina did, though they were a slightly different subject and no-one asks these days about what actually befell them), the "fall" nigh all forgotten - no matter how often Scrote and Co. will try to remember us. Rather on the contrary, most will actually admire our stamina and will to get back. "Our" as in: Great Institution of British and Scottish Football.

* ... and at times you do start to wonder what sort of motivation drives these people on

** ... yep, people will chime in with Ashley and no investment and squeezing us dry and all the stuff we've heard thus far: and fair enough! Perhaps we wait a few more weeks or even till after the AGM and see what is actually on the horizon re Ashley and King or not.