Derek Llambias Non-Executive Director

More info here:

The Board of Rangers announces that it has appointed Derek Llambias as a non-executive director. He was nominated as a director of its choice by MASH Holdings Limited pursuant to its agreement to withdraw its requisition for a General Meeting, as set out in the announcement dated 27 October 2014. Mr Llambias has been acting as a consultant to the board of Rangers since 28 October 2014.

Mr Llambias held various positions including Managing Director of Newcastle United Football Club between 2008 and 2013. Prior to this he has been involved in a number of leisure and gaming businesses

In accordance with Rangers' Articles of Association, Mr Llambias will be subject to re-election by ordinary resolution of the shareholders of the Company at the upcoming Annual General Meeting which is expected to be held in December.

Further information concerning Mr Derek David Llambias, aged 57:

Current Partnerships and Directorships:

Llambias Associates Limited

Past Directorships and other positions:

Keith Bishop Public Relations Limited

Balmbra's Limited

MGM Grand Newcastle (Holdings) Limited

MGM Grand Newcastle Limited

Newcastle North Development Limited

Newcastle Star Limited

Newcastle Strawberry Limited

Newcastle United 1892 Limited

Newcastle United Catering Limited

Newcastle United Employment Limited

Newcastle United Enterprises Limited

Newcastle United Entertainment Limited

Newcastle United FC Limited

Newcastle United Football Club Limited

Newcastle United Football Company Limited

Newcastle United Group Limited

Newcastle United Licensing Limited

Newcastle United Limited

Newcastle United Promotions Limited

Newcastle United Publications Limited

Newcastle United Sports Limited

Newcastle United Sportswear Limited

Newcastle United Telecoms Limited

Newcastle United Television Limited

Newcastle United Ventures Limited

Newcastle West Development Limited

NUFC Limited

NUFC.CO.UK Limited

SJH Investment Limited

ST James' Park Finance Limited

ST James' Park Newcastle Limited

The Football Channel Limited

Mr Llambias is not currently beneficially interested in the issued share capital of the Company.

There is no further information required relating to Mr Llambias to be disclosed under paragraph (g) of Schedule 2 of the AIM Rule

Edited by Frankie

Not the biggest surprise in the world; how long till his appointment as CEO?

Probably not long

At the next fan board meeting, will you be asking why the comments of Sandy Easdale and David Somers have been so strange in that respect?

Probably not long

At the next fan board meeting, will you be asking why the comments of Sandy Easdale and David Somers have been so strange in that respect?

All the Directors have been asked to attend and I have suggested that Mr Ashley is invited as well; questions will have to be very carefully chosen IMO and there is a lot of water to flow under the bridge between now and then. Those comments will have to been in the light of subsequent events. I would suggest that provided there is no suggestion of impropriety, it would be more pertinent to ask about his plans for the future than how he got the job (assumimg he gets it), which is fairly obvious.

All the Directors have been asked to attend and I have suggested that Mr Ashley is invited as well; questions will have to be very carefully chosen IMO and there is a lot of water to flow under the bridge between now and then. Those comments will have to been in the light of subsequent events. I would suggest that provided there is no suggestion of impropriety, it would be more pertinent to ask about his plans for the future than how he got the job (assumimg he gets it), which is fairly obvious.

There's no doubt questions RE: Llambias' plans are high(est) priority.

However, there is also no doubt fans in your position should be questioning the executive chairman (temporary or otherwise) of the board why directors seem to have such a low regard for fan intelligence. Or why he finds the whole situation as funny as he does.

Certainly don't agree with that, and I wouldn't be putting any money on Forlanssister playing by those rules, although it is more likely than the chances of Ashley attending.

I understand your suggestion but cannot agree with it.

It is a bad precedent to set for the fansboard and harks of a timid approach that doesn't look for responsibility or accountability but is prepared to listen about future plans. What I am saying is until X can trust Y then listening to Y talk of future is of limited value.

At the same time I wouldn't expect the Spanish inquisition.

I would expect carefully formed questions that look to hold the board accountable and search for answers to make up for the void of information the ordinary supporter has to suffer.

In short, a willingness to engage meaningfully, the support have had enough of what will happen and often never does.

We need reasonable transparency and if the fansboard don't even want to look for it, then it will be laughed out of court.