As someone with English as a second language, i wouldn't criticize the minutes too much. However i would ask what's the script behind someone asking the full board nor to talk to other supporters groups. Is it a leaking of information worry or a trust issue?

Also, who suggested the club doesn't meet with any other fan groups?

That again doesn't seem practical nor agreeable.

That is a very weird suggestion indeed, though not at all surprising.

This should have been a great opportunity to voice the fans opinions and thoughts at grass root level.

And it should have been an opportunity to publish the responses from our so called masters.

However, this appeaers to be (and I can't say I am surpised, with some of the people involved - not including forlanssister) another wee game that will have no impact. I predict that some members will resign and it wont last a full season.

Some of the suggestions/proposals already from 'certain people' leave alot to be desired and do not appear to be in the best interests of the Rangers fans.

This ain't going to end well IMO.

I actually laughed out loud at the inference that this RFB should get a say in the spending of the RFFF money. Absolutely no chance of that happening, and nor should it.

I was also concerned at the question of official RFC buses running from Ibrox for supporters, are our RSC's not struggling enough already? A funny way of supporting the majority of away supporters who travel by RSC! I am glad this was squashed but I am deeply concerned at it even being proposed as a discussion topic.

Also, very saddened to note that not one mention of our board being called to account on anything they have done, no demands to speak with them, and that the next meeting is not scheduled until 7 weeks after the first one. Absolutely nothing is going to get done by this RFB if meetings are 7 weeks apart. For this to have any lasting effect for our support, these people have to be meeting and getting work done every week or two weeks maximum. When there are delays of several weeks in a volutary organisation of this kind, nothing gets done for 6 weeks and then everyone rushes about trying to get their bit done a day or two before the meeting. When meetings are more regular, the work has to get done all the time, and progress can be made. Otherwise it is just deadwood.

Proposal for other groups to have no contact with the club board

RFFF money to be handed over

Board prepped before meeting the RFB

And wanting to discuss a player's conduct...:D

Any first drafts kicking about, lol!

Edited by Stimpy

After having a look through the minutes there are several worrying directions suggested and/or taken and they look to curtail free speech and marginalise other fans groups. Let's start with Social Media.

. Social Media

- Discussion around Facebook and Twitter

- Look to organizing a Communications Committee

Sounds ominous and somewhere they have no right to go.

- Discussion around RFB members conduct in social media – we’re not trying to curtail anyone’s rights to freedom of speech, but we are elected officers now and have to behave accordingly

This is themselves so they have the right to go there but take on board your own comment about free speech.

- We have a responsibility as the RFB to conduct ourselves as such

and using appropriate discretion and judgment.

Fine, aslong as individual discretion is to be applied.

- Web forums can be very useful – it is a balance

Be very careful how this develops.

Forums are feared by those who have things to hide........If you want to serve fans and not the club's office bearers you'd be better off looking for Transparency from club.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AH proposed, “Elected representatives shall not write, send or post any comment on social media or internet forums or the like which a reasonable person would interpret as denigrating any other Elected Representative” After discussion the Motion was agreed subject to adding “ or the Club or supporters body” after the words ‘Elected Representatives. This would be incorporated into the Code of Conduct for RFB Members

DANGER: As to how this would be implemented. You should make very clear that valid criticism or similar is allowed and that given every member of the RFB should be a 'reasonable person', it should be left to their own discretion.

Edited by buster.

I do reckon too much time being wasted and caring about committee's and sub committees and all the other fun stuff

Why no mention of demanding to see the books/board. Find out when the agm is .

The minutes are pretty shocking, although it's clear most the stuff came from the one mouth there is no indication who is giving the answers

"AH proposed, “Elected representatives shall not write, send or post any comment on social media or internet forums or the like

which a reasonable person would interpret as denigrating any other Elected Representative” After discussion the Motion was

agreed subject to adding “ or the Club or supporters body” after the words ‘Elected Representatives. This would be incorporated into the Code of Conduct for RFB Members"

Trying to silence someone I would think.