SFA seek answers as Llambias joins Rangers board

You would assume that Ashley knows what he is doing here. You would like to know what the exact reasoning behind the 10% rule was/is and whether it is something cast into stone for eternity, which I doubt. The SFA most likely wanted to dodge another Whyte bullet, but obviously Ashley is fundamentally different material. Does the SFA (suddenly) need to "protect" someone/-thing should Ashley attempt to control the club like he does Newcastle? Unless it conflicts with their leagues / competitions, there is no real (and probably legal) reason, one would assume.

Then again, certain forces at the SFA won't like the idea that a powerhouse like Ashley might start to back Rangers in earnest (yes, I know that some disagree re investement, but that's very much up for debate), both in terms of monetary power and a rather strong attitude they seldom face in Scotland.

I'm not sure Ashley is 'fundamentally different material'. He is doing the same thing.

I'm not sure Ashley is 'fundamentally different material'. He is doing the same thing.

I suppose the main difference is that Whyte didn't have a pot to piss in.

Ashley does have a pot, but pisses wherever he pleases.

PM compiled a complete dossier on Whyte and was allegedly stunned at his business history. He couldnt believe he was being allowed to acquire RANGERS.

What more evidence did anyone(including the SFA) need to stop Whyte?

We're singing from the same hymn sheet here, but a poor business history counts for little when put against Whyte showing, fraudulently, proof of funds for the purchase. Sir David Murray was most certainly guilty of turning a blind eye to things, which with the way things turned out, is something that his ego will have to live with.

We're singing from the same hymn sheet here, but a poor business history counts for little when put against Whyte showing, fraudulently, proof of funds for the purchase. Sir David Murray was most certainly guilty of turning a blind eye to things, which with the way things turned out, is something that his ego will have to live with.

I think it needs to be established if SDM was forced to sell by LBG and for what reasons. Hopefully when the various police investigations conclude we'll get some answers

I think it needs to be established if SDM was forced to sell by LBG and for what reasons. Hopefully when the various police investigations conclude we'll get some answers

With the speed by which this progresses we'll have a city of humans on Mars, not to speak of the Moon ...