I wont document the fiasco involved in picking up public sale tickets etc at Ibrox, port-a-cabin queues a mile long etc (which I have to do when I want to take my son) as we are all fully aware.

But just a few weeks ago before I went to Madrid I decided to see if I could get tickets for Athletico at home. I went online and was astounded when it gave me the option to buy online and print the 'ticket' off on my home printer. All I had to do was go to the turnstyle and get the barcode read. As easy as you like.

What the hell is stopping Rangers from adopting a similar setup and saving quite a few quid in admin at the same time I would imagine?

Aye, that's essentially the same type of system that's used for printing off your own boarding passes at home for flights with Easyjet and other airlines.

Similar system as used by courier companies these days too. For example you can go onto a site like Parcel2go and order a UPS (or other courier) shipment and you just print out your own shipping label which has all the details plus the barcode and unique tracking number.

I would imagine the only real issue for Rangers doing something similar would be the initial installation and setup costs.

I wont document the fiasco involved in picking up public sale tickets etc at Ibrox, port-a-cabin queues a mile long etc (which I have to do when I want to take my son) as we are all fully aware.

But just a few weeks ago before I went to Madrid I decided to see if I could get tickets for Athletico at home. I went online and was astounded when it gave me the option to buy online and print the 'ticket' off on my home printer. All I had to do was go to the turnstyle and get the barcode read. As easy as you like.

What the hell is stopping Rangers from adopting a similar setup and saving quite a few quid in admin at the same time I would imagine?

That process is the norm for everything these days - airline tickets, concert tickets, show tickets, sports games.

We are in the dark ages.

I knew it was in operation at other events but I suppose it hadn't occurred to me for football matches until I encountered it and saw the ease of the whole process. I missed the first 30 mins of a game once because of the queue which is just madness.

I've been buying tickets on a per game basis this year and when I bought my ticket for the first game of the season I asked if my smartcard could be activated rather than issuing paper tickets but was told this couldn't be done.

Surely it costs the club more to print thousands of tickets instead of activating smartcards, plus it could mean you could buy it online with your card being activated saving the club and supporter time and money.

But then, RFC may not be able to charge you the £2 extortio, sorry admin fee, for booking tickets.... :whistle:

Good point, but for the Athletico game I had the choice of paying the fee and printing off at home, or picking them up at a cabin over there with no fee. Buyers discretion then.

Good point, but for the Athletico game I had the choice of paying the fee and printing off at home, or picking them up at a cabin over there with no fee. Buyers discretion then.

We get charged regardless if we book in advance...

A complete nonsense.