The King getting his money back rumour was labelled rubbish and put in the bin ages ago.

IIRC, it originally stemmed from someone misinterpreting a set of accounts and quickly grew arms and legs as the mischief making crackpots spread the word.

I'm sure McMurdo was pushing this line again a few weeks back.

Some are always keen to buy his nonsense.

I'm sure McMurdo was pushing this line again a few weeks back.

Some are always keen to buy his nonsense.

His recent mentions of it have been a bit sinister because he now knows it's absolute nonsense, but he's kept using it in underhand ways to support his agendas.

His recent mentions of it have been a bit sinister because he now knows it's absolute nonsense, but he's kept using it in underhand ways to support his agendas.

All because he knows some people will be happy to buy into it (and perpetuate the myth) simply because of their dislike for certain people.

There is plenty things in which we can be critical of King - his investment of £20m in the early noughties isn't one of them.

Matter of fact, I don't care if King got his money back or not. It would be interesting to know what if anything he expected "in return". People might see it differently, but if he invested his money to see us prosper and become better back then, he sure got that in return. Much like any other, not that wealthy supporter. If he looked for more or even a (full) return, well, he's not that avid a supporter in this Bear's eyes.

Guest Somos La Gente
A new poster appeared on here over the last couple of days called Somos La Gente (Spanish for We Are The People for anyone who doesn't know). Any link Somos?
No idea mate, first I´ve heard of Rangers Spanish FC and I don´t use the twittersphere.

If King had gotten his money back you could bet your house that SDM would have told the world by now!

The King getting his money back rumour was labelled rubbish and put in the bin ages ago.

IIRC, it originally stemmed from someone misinterpreting a set of accounts and quickly grew arms and legs as the mischief making crackpots spread the word.

Unfortunately by plenty of Rangers fans as well as the obsessed.

All because he knows some people will be happy to buy into it (and perpetuate the myth) simply because of their dislike for certain people.

And there's the rub.

Some people are much more interested in their feuds, petty squabbling and ego's than Rangers.

If certain people or organisations back someone or something, then others will automatically take the opposite view. Doesn't matter a fuck what's best for the club.

It's pathetic and winds me up no end.

but if he invested his money to see us prosper and become better back then, he sure got that in return. Much like any other, not that wealthy supporter. If he looked for more or even a (full) return, well, he's not that avid a supporter in this Bear's eyes.

I'm sorry mate but you have no idea what you are talking about on the subject of King judging by your statements. I don't know whether you are too young or whether you are just very ignorant about the man and his background\history. King was lauded at the time and rightly so, and he got nothing in return, nor did he look for anything. Full stop! There is no alternative story despite vain attempts by the likes of yourself. Why don't you give it and us a rest?

You just make a fool of yourself calling him 'not that wealthy'. I don't really want to drum up the whole King debate (RAB - is that ok?) but certain people are only too happy to cite the judge in the SARS case who called him a liar\cheat etc, but they conveniently forget that he also called King "probably the richest man in South Africa", which is going some. Kings wealth was never in doubt (ask Gary Player) until now for some utterly bizarre reason.

Matter of fact, I don't care if King got his money back or not. It would be interesting to know what if anything he expected "in return". People might see it differently, but if he invested his money to see us prosper and become better back then, he sure got that in return. Much like any other, not that wealthy supporter. If he looked for more or even a (full) return, well, he's not that avid a supporter in this Bear's eyes.

He invested £20m in our club without looking for any financial return. Who else has ever done that? Compare and contrast to Ashley who loans us morsels that WILL be repaid and not only that he gets control of the club, his own people on the board, our stadium naming rights, control of our merchandising, contract of our badges and pretty much control of everything for nada net expenditure. How an insidious runt like that can be looked upon with anything aside from venomous hatred is anyone's guess.