Alloa chairman confirms game will go ahead next week

Despite previous cancellations due to international call-ups, the Alloa chairman Mike Mulraney has confirmed to me on social media that RFC have said next week's match at Ibrox will go ahead as scheduled.

So what on earth is the excuse for us cancelling the previous ones going to be now? I give up.

“We have set a precedent for doing it and I don’t see any reason why we wouldn’t do it. It might be the case that people would look upon it as being a bit disrespectful if we didn’t do it again. Plus, the obvious scenario is we want as strong a squad as possible to take on anybody.”

That was him in September when postponing the match against East Fife in the Kiddy On Cup. More faces than the town hall clock.

So what on earth is the excuse for us cancelling the previous ones going to be now? I give up.

I'm thinking the departure of Wallace has possibly weakened his influence. Ashley wants a full house looking at his advertising boards covering the stadium.