Alloa chairman confirms game will go ahead next week

No quibbles with that, Zappa, but if McCoist has no problem with playing the game, why was he prepared to screw the fans over on the previous occasions?

AMcC has to say he "has no problem" irrespective of whether he has or not.

You also have to consider that the power within the boardroom has shifted aswell as cashflow problems.

Ashely has provided a credit facility and he won't want it drawndown on until really necessary.

Llambias will be under instruction to reduce costs further and maximise revenue/cashflow.

No idea, but if I was guessing I'd say it would've been for multiple reasons.

Firstly, with our players previously being overlooked for call-ups it could have been a case of making the point that we're calling off our game for international call-ups anyway, so if there were any injuries in the national camp, then our fit players were all available if needed.

Secondly, there's the obvious point of Ally just doing it out of principal due to wanting to have his full squad available for every game.

Maybe there was also an element of just flicking the SFA a vicky?

Anyway, it's good to see it being nipped in the bud because postponing weekend home matches is bad for the Club financially and a nightmare for fans who can't make it to rearranged fixtures midweek.

The fact is he was running scared because he knows he is totally incompetent and needs all the resources he can get. All we have now is a fixture pile up, recent history suggests this isn't something that will work well for us.

The fact is he was running scared because he knows he is totally incompetent and needs all the resources he can get. All we have now is a fixture pile up, recent history suggests this isn't something that will work well for us.

As I said, I think there were probably multiple reasons for the previous match postponements, but in fairness, it's not very easy to nail them down or know for sure.

I certainly don't buy into the idea that Ally postponed matches on international weekends because he was 'running scared'.

Us playing on 'International week' wasn't right but times change, we have to make sure Hearts don't get a boost from it like they did last time we played that card. We never really had to postpone games before but it was all about that 'International week' thing.

A mistake rectified

You don't think a man who chose to play 1 man up front and neglect our youth in the lowest leagues in Scotland was running scared by calling off matches against Championship sides? Of course he was. His whole approach in the last 4 years has been caution, safety first, defensive, negative.......

You don't think a man who chose to play 1 man up front and neglect our youth in the lowest leagues in Scotland was running scared by calling off matches against Championship sides? Of course he was. His whole approach in the last 4 years has been caution, safety first, defensive, negative.......

He still won two promotions in a row, running away from the packs; even if they were plumbers and pizza delivery drivers.

Ally McCoist: Rangers board told me to play Alloa match as planned despite half a dozen players being called up for international duty.

THE Gers boss was hopeful that his side's scheduled match against Alloa would be postponed due to the international break.

ALLY McCOIST insists the buck stops with the Rangers board over the decision to go ahead with the Alloa game next week.

The Light Blues have sat out previous matches at East Fife and Cowdenbeath during international breaks – but Ibrox chiefs are not willing to pass up a home clash on a Saturday.

McCoist could have up to half a dozen players missing and previously insisted he was showing rivals respect by opting to postpone games. But this time – with the prospect of banking more cash from ticket sales and hospitality – the Gers boss has been overruled from upstairs.

Boss McCoist said: “It was a board decision. I spoke to the chairman and the board have decided they want the game to go ahead.

“That’s fine and it’s something I respect so we will just need to get on with it.

“I don’t know if it’s financial, I’ve got no idea. I think they were keen for the supporters on a Saturday as well so that would play a part in it.

“I spoke to the chairman and the board have decided the game will go ahead.”

McCoist refused to say whether he would have rather sat next weekend out and is just concentrating on turning up the heat on Championship leaders Hearts.

He said: “It’s hypothetical now because it has been taken out of my hands. I respect it and we’ll just get on with it.

“The chairman was good enough to phone and tell me they had taken the decision the game was going to be played and that’s it, so great.

“They know my point. I don’t think I had to put it across. But the decision has been made and I respect that totally.”

Rangers were criticised for rescheduling previous matches but McCoist is happy for the Alloa clash to go ahead.

He could lose several stars including Lewis Macleod and Bilel Mohsni but is convinced he has enough quality in the ranks to cope.

He said: “I hope so. We feel no matter what team we put out, with the squad we have we are capable of giving them a game and taking the three points.

“It’s vital we do that this weekend against Falkirk and next week. We’re not looking at next week until the Falkirk match is finished. We have massive games coming up in the league in particular.

“We’re on a good roll at the moment, we have won our last seven games and are enjoying playing.

“We have a bit about us where we are enjoying the games and there is an awareness at how important it is to continue the run we are on.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ally-mccoist-rangers-board-told-4590083

The fact is he was running scared because he knows he is totally incompetent and needs all the friends he can get. All we have now is a fixture pile up, recent history suggests this isn't something that will work well for us.

Cheeky edit which might make more sense. More sense to me.

Keegan is as big on Tyneside as McCoist in Govan. Ashley never once gave a fuck then and Ally knows he's either to ship up or ship out, IMO.