Alloa chairman confirms game will go ahead next week

"We feel no matter what team we put out, with the squad we have we are capable of giving them a game " is this a pre-emptive strike in case of failure? AS in paving the way, were points to be dropped, for: "We gave them as good a game as we were capable of with the squad I was left with." (i.e. = blame the board)?

Money money money - the board obviously feel even without the NI fans they will take in more money on a Saturday than on a cold winters Wednesday night.

The club won't be aware of NI fans having issues attending.

Also worth noting that Ulster bears are being shafted here because ROI fans are on the same boat home as we would be. Very small presence of NI bears next weekend.

Not a great situation mate, but how many would make it over for a rescheduled midweek game over the winter?

The club won't be aware of NI fans having issues attending.

Why would you have issues? Scotland ko at 7.45pm the Rangers game ko's at 3pm. I'd rather watch my team in the afternoon then watch Scotland in the evening, not a problem at all, in fact it's a perfect Saturday for a football fan. I'll watch Scotland on the telly half drunk celebrating another Rangers win.:confused:

You don't think a man who chose to play 1 man up front and neglect our youth in the lowest leagues in Scotland was running scared by calling off matches against Championship sides? Of course he was. His whole approach in the last 4 years has been caution, safety first, defensive, negative.......

This whole "fact is he was running scared" doesn't make any sense to me. He has to play those teams regardless. If he was running scared then he should just resign (many would be happy at that). But I think it is a stretch to say he was running scared. Wanting his strongest XI though ? Of course, as any manager would wish.

Also, even though he said he has no problem with the decision I think we can be fairly safe in assuming that what he really means is that he wanted the game postponed just as he has had done with the previous few international weeks but that the decision wasn't his to make this time.

And much as we like to bash Ally, it is a worrying situation when the Board are making footballing decisions too.