Major update to the Gersnet Prediction League !!

Folks, I'm posting this in a new thread here so that nobody taking part in the GPL misses it.

I've just completed a significant update to the format of the GPL results & standings tables in Excel and now we have a more advanced template which provides more information and in a clearer presentation.

It's something I've been meaning to do for a while and simply had to do it before the season progressed any further because the system of players on the same number of points being separated by their average score or names in alphabetical order made absolutely no sense.

So, check out the new league standings table format below, tell me what you think and if anyone has any questions please ask. :)

tPHar3m.png

well seen the new system moves you above me.

spi.v

Had to be done mate, sorry. We couldn't have a situation arising at the end of the season where people are on the same number of points and their league places being decided by the old average score system where a player could be above another just because they missed a game or two which improved their average.

Had to be done mate, sorry. We couldn't have a situation arising at the end of the season where people are on the same number of points and their league places being decided by the old average score system where a player could be above another just because they missed a game or two which improved their average.

Yes, I agree with that; I didn't think it was right to use averages because it meant that to some extent it was better to miss a game or two if you were a good forecaster. But you know me, I just got elected to the League and I didn't want to make a fuss :D

Looking at the new table the only ties are from 12th to 14th and 15th/16th. Looks like you are going on FGS, which is fine by me as it's probably the most difficult thing to forecast (although some would say a bit of a lottery) or are you going by CS then FGS?

In any event rather than being 0.12 ahead of you now I'm a clear FGS ahead, so it works for me though I can see why GS might call for an inquiry. :lol:

Maybe we should just have a FGS league then I'd be joint 2nd :laugh2: