I don't use twitter but facebook in particular is hard going. It's not just the fact that the views are so ignorant and misguided (eg one of the main pages has everyone discussing who will be signed with Ashley's 10m :laugh:), but the level of intelligence seems very low. People write in illegible English and generally do not represent our support well. Does this say something about our support or is it the platform?

There's not a single person here who is incapable of conversing in legible English but on our fan facebook pages you are hard pushed to find anyone making well constructed arguments.

Thankfully our online "support" are in no way indicative of our real life support. The ability to be faceless behind a keyboard fare brings out the crazies.

I hope that's the case. I haven't been going to games for a while now so am largely out of touch with our current 'offline' support though my Rangers supporting friends are certainly decent people. This place certainly helps bring some sanity because going on facebook is disparaging and I imagine twitter is similar. I don't want to post particular pages but some of these facebook groups really are alarming.

I don't use twitter but facebook in particular is hard going. It's not just the fact that the views are so ignorant and misguided (eg one of the main pages has everyone discussing who will be signed with Ashley's 10m :laugh:), but the level of intelligence seems very low. People write in illegible English and generally do not represent our support well. Does this say something about our support or is it the platform?

There's not a single person here who is incapable of conversing in legible English but on our fan facebook pages you are hard pushed to find anyone making well constructed arguments.

"illegible" / "legible"? Surely not - illiterate / literate perhaps? .............. :) Only having fun due to the context, no offence. I cannot stomach those pages.

I am on FB but prefer not to look at Rangers related pages because they are infested with idiots.

To be fair, it's not just our support.

I'd estimate upwards of 90% of all facebook and twitter posts are basically just idiots needlessly sharing their stupid, pointless, poorly-informed opinions.

It's just a 21st century way for empty vessels to make noise.